Hey guys! It’s Abeer from CakeWhiz again. Today, I will be sharing an easy tutorial for this gorgeous pink Mother’s Day cake.
This is probably the coolest cake I have ever made and quite frankly, I haven’t even seen anything like this anywhere.
The idea for this cake came to me when I was reading a book about shapes with my little one. He said he wanted to make a cake pyramid… I thought it was a such a cool idea. So, I made this cake and he helped stick the flowers in place.
I used fondant flowers but you can use fresh flowers… that would look gorgeous!
I highly recommend using a pound cake to make this pyramid since it is firmer and the slices won’t topple down.
This would be a great cake to serve on Mother’s day brunch and even kids can help assemble it.
You guys know I am all about getting kids involved in the kitchen and this would be a great way to do that 🙂
Why do Cakes Fall in the Middle?
If there is too little moisture in the cake, it can fall.
Too much moisture can also make a cake fall.
If a cake is underdone, it will fall as it cools.
Sometimes jarring the cake by slamming the oven door or some other thing, will make a cake fall.
Can Frosted Cakes be Frozen?
Many cakes freeze very well even after they are frosted.
Just wrap well in plastic wrap or place in a container with air tight lid and freeze.
Pink Mother’s Day Cake
Pink Mother's Day Cake
- 1 loaf pound cake (you can use store bought or freshly baked)
- 2 cups pink frosting (store bought or freshly made)
- Fresh flowers or fondant flowers
- Mint leaves or curry leaves
- Slice the pound cake into small rectangular pieces.
- Make sure they are about the same size.
- Arrange five of those slices in a circular formation and use a spatula to roughly frost them.
- Place 4 more slices in a circular formation and frost them roughly as well.
- Place 3 more slices on top and frost them again.
- Place the final slice in the center and frost it.
- Finally, decorate all the gaps of this cake with flowers and leaves.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate it until you are ready to serve!
Yield: 1 cake, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 3178 Calories
- Total Fat: 124.4g
- Cholesterol: 241.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 502.8g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 407.1g
- Protein: 18.3g