Pomegranate Sticky Chicken!
I’m always looking for a delicious and simple way to grill up chicken during the summer. It’s fast and doesn’t require me turning on the oven or making some huge meal, but it’s still tasty. A while back I found this recipe that uses pomegranate juice and I was instantly intrigued. I love the sweetness that comes from the juice and the saltiness from the soy sauce. This is so stinkin’ easy and not many ingredients, but it’s so awesome. Our neighborhood BBQ’s a lot together and this was something to mix things up from the regular ol’ hamburger and hot dogs.
I like to save a little sauce to dip the chicken in. Just a little suggestion!
Is Pomegranate Fruit?
Pomegranate is a fruit that grows on a large shrub.
Is Pomegranate Good For You?
Pomegranates are a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants.
Pomegranates are also high in fiber and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Pomegranate juice can help protect against disease, like certain cancers and Alzheimer’s.
How Can You Tell If Grilled Chicken Is Done?
The best way to tell if chicken is done is by using a thermometer.
The perfect internal temperature is 165 degrees for dark meat, 160 degrees for white.
If you don’t have a meat thermometer, cut a little slit in the chicken.
If the juices run clear and the meat is opaque, the chicken is done.
Pomegranate Sticky Chicken
Pomegranate Sticky Chicken
Recipe By A Bountiful Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup dark-brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons packed
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated fresh
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 chicken breast , halves, or equivalent amount of assorted chicken pieces
- coarse salt, pepper
- olive oil to prevent sticking to grill
- Bring juice, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until mixture has thickened to the consistency of honey, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Using a sharp knife, make three diagonal slashes through the skin and flesh on both sides of each piece of chicken (this will help the flavors permeate the meat). You may also use skinless chicken.
- Preheat grill to medium-low. (If you are using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill for just 7 seconds.)
- Generously salt and pepper chicken and brush with olive oil.
- Place chicken on grill, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and begin basting side that was just grilled.
- Close cover, and grill 4 minutes.
- Flip chicken, and brush with additional sauce.
- Continue to cook, flipping and brushing with sauce every 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through, about 20 minutes total.