Pork Fajitas recipe and a winner!!
I had the hubs randomly draw a name for our expo giveaway and that person is…
We had a long day last week and I really wasn’t in the mood for cooking. I love my girls, but it was one of those days where you keep checking the clock to see how much longer to bed time. Now, it wasn’t because either of the girls were being naughty or fussy, I was just flat out tired. I felt like I had being going so hard all day that if I sat down I probably wouldn’t ever get up. I asked the hubby, who had also had a long day, what he wanted for dinner and he said, “Not chicken.” Well that’s helpful. So, I pulled out some pork and we had some reaaaaaaaally delicious fajitas.
We usually have burritos, tacos or mexi salads, but I really don’t ever make fajitas. This will forever change! I seriously hate that you can’t let people taste and smell through the internet, because if you could I would be able to show you all how delicious these are. No, really. They are seriously so good! The pork has a little warm spice to it and ohhhh the lime! The flavor is wonderful.
We just buy “pork for fajitas” at the store. It’s not flavored yet, but it is already cut into strips. I think they cut them too fat so I do always trim them down more, but it really does save me time to only have to trim the really thick pieces vs cutting all of it on my own. Plus it goes on sale alllllll the time. Of course we also served them on the uncooked tortillas. Is there any other way?
Are Fajitas and Tacos the Same?
Fajitas are strips of meat sauteed or grilled with onions and peppers.
The meat can be eaten in a taco, burrito, or served on its own with tortillas on the side.
Can Pork Be Eaten Pink?
The recommended cooking temperature of pork is 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
It is safe to eat pork that is still a little pink if it has reached the recommended temperature.
Do Mushrooms Have Any Nutrition?
Mushrooms have a great deal of nutritional value.
Mushrooms are low in carbohydrates and high in fiber.
They are a good source of B-vitamins (riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and niacin), iron, and selenium.
Pork Fajitas Recipe
- 1 lb pork , for fajitas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 garlic, elephant, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 lime , zest, and juice of 2 limes
- 1 handful cilantro, small, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, green, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, red, Sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 Cup mushrooms, sliced
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Place 3/4 of the marinade over the meat in a ziploc and reserve the remaining marinade in a bowl.
- Place the meat in the fridge for 4 hours, turning the bag over after 2 hours.
- Grill up the meat and veggies in separate pans on Med-high heat.
- Toss together with the remaining marinade in one pan and let cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in a fresh tortilla with cilantro and queso fresco or cotija cheese.