Last winter we tried out a new restaurant in Ogden called, Thai Curry Kitchen where we had the most delicious Rainbow Salad. This is not that salad, but it did inspire me to make my own and next time I’ll totally be adding the edamame.
The best part about the salad was that it’s not like your normal salad. In fact, there’s no lettuce or greens other tan cilantro and I looooove that! We busted out our Spiralizer and went to town on carrots, zucchini, cucumber, and then a little peppers and red cabbage action all served with an easy peanut dressing. It’s prefect to mix up your next BBQ side dish.
Will Carrots Help My Eyesight?
Eating carrots will improve your vision.
Carrots are high in vitamin A, a nutrient essential for good vision.
Can Zucchini Be Eaten Raw?
Many people eat raw zucchini in salads and dips.
Zucchini contains zero fat, and is high in water and fiber.
It also contains significant amounts of vitaminsB6, riboflavin, folate, C, and K.
Zucchini also contains potassium and manganese.
This summer squash also contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
How Long Can You Keep Red Cabbage?
If cabbage is properly stored, it can last from 3 weeks to up to 2 months in your refrigerator.
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 Cup Red Cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds
For the dressing
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Using a spiralizer, slice the carrot, zucchini and cucumber.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of oil and saute the zucchini for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove to a bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Toss all of the veggies in a large bowl, drizzle with desired amount of dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
For the Dressing
- Place all of the ingredients in a small jar with a lid, shake to combine and set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 83 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 11.4g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7.3g Protein: 2.8g