I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a huge Valentines Day fan. When I was single it felt more like “Singles Awareness Day”, when I was a kid it was fun to get stuff in the mail from Grandma, have a fun dinner with the family etc, but I’d totally take the 4th of July over Valentines Day. As an adult, hmmmm I guess I’m one of those boring people that prefers to do surprises and romantic things all year round. I know, I sound like a grump. I do try to make it special for my loved ones, but more importantly I try to make sure they feel loved all year round too. Which is why these Red Velvet Truffles with only 3 INGREDIENTS!! were actually made in December.
My kids love to get messy. LOVE IT. We love the ol’ Edible Playdough (tell me you’ve made it. It’s awesome) and while this isn’t as easy to handle, it is squishy and messy. Thankfully it’s also super fast and easy to make. It’s 3 ingredients, unless you count the white chocolate for dipping, I guess it’s 4 then.
And let’s head back to the topic of Valentines just so I don’t sound like I hate the holiday. I’ve had some pretty spectacular Valentines Days, especially one that involved the sweetest poem written by Mr. Handsome. A poem is not really his thing which only made it that much better. I guess that’s one thing I do love about Valentines Day, it makes you really take the time to think about special ways to show love. These red velvet truffles are an easy peasy way to do just that.
Is Red Velvet Cake Chocolate Cake With Red Dye?
Red velvet cake is not the same as a traditional chocolate cake.
Red velvet is made with cocoa powder, vinegar and buttermilk.
The chemical reaction from these ingredients creates a red color.
Often times, red dye is added to enhance the red color in red velvet cake.
Are Truffles Candy?
Truffles can be considered candy.
A chocolate truffle is a type of chocolate confectionery, traditionally made with a chocolate ganache centre coated in chocolate, cocoa powder or chopped toasted nuts.
Is Neufchâtel Cream Cheese?
Neufchâtel is softer than regular cream cheese due to its approximately 33% lower fat and higher moisture content.
Neufchatel is usually sold as low-fat cream cheese.
Red Velvet Truffles
- 1 1/4 Cup Red Velvet Cake Mix (Just the powder)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
- White Chocolate for dipping
- Place the cake mix, powdered sugar, and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and use a hand held mixer to combine until the dough forms a ball. At first it will seem crumbly, but continue to mix and it will come together.
- Place in the fridge to rest for 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for 30 second increments.
- Powder your hands with powdered sugar and roll tablespoon sized balls in your hand.
- Immediately dip in the white chocolate and allow to drip a little.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Allow to dry and enjoy!
The colder your hands are the better you will roll the balls.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2915 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 656.3g Fiber: 7.9g Sugar: 400.9g Protein: 24.2g
More Red Velvet Ideas
Red Velvet Waffles-Sweet Treats More