Reese’s, anything reese’s tends to go crazy on this site. Apparently you all love the chocolate and peanut butter combo as much as me. It all started when I posted these reese’s krispies a few years back and the pinning went crazy. Since then we’ve made reese’s peanut butter cookies, reese’s peanut butter marshmallow cookie pie, and a gazillion others which I’ll link to at the bottom of the post with photos. On a whim while making popcorn for our family one night I had the idea to combine reese’s krispies and salty popcorn and it turned into magical Reese’s Krispies Popcorn, so of course I had to share.
We love movie night as a family. Just everyone all snuggled up on the couch, snacking on something yummy, or in this case something totally sinful.
It all starts with the same recipe as you would make scotcheroos. Have you had those? Blast! They are so simple, but I cannot resist them! So of course I had no choice but to use the same “sauce” for this popcorn. And please tell me you love those as much as I do?
And I know this part seems a little unnecessary, but dump in some rice krispies cereal. Seriously. Trust me on this one. It adds this addictive little crunch to the popcorn and you wont be able to decide if it’s more like a scotcheroo or popcorn, but it will be awesomeness.
Is Popcorn Gluten Free?
Corn is a whole-grain food, and all types of corn are gluten-free.
Popcorn is gluten-free on its own, but some brands of microwave popcorn may contain gluten, so be sure to read the label.
Does Popcorn Have Nutritional Value?
Popcorn does not contribute significant amounts of any nutrients.
But, it does supply trace amounts of the B vitamins, thiamin, niacin, B6, folate and some minerals.
Air-popped popcorn has only 30 calories per cup; oil-popped popcorn has only 35 calories per cup.
Popcorn is high in fiber and without a lot of butter added, it can be a healthy, low calorie snack.
Is Popcorn Bad For Your Digestive System?
Fiber promotes healthy digestion, so increasing the amount of popcorn you eat can help you deal with digestive problems.
Reese’s Krispies Popcorn
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Reese's Krispies Popcorn
- 2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cup cornm syrup
- 2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup popcorn unpopped
- 2 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups reese's peanut butter cups chopped
- In a paper bag, add 1/3 cup popcorn , fold over to close, and microwave for 90-120 seconds or until popped.
- Repeat with the remaining bag.
- In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn and cereal.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the karo syrup and sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup is clear.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until smooth and satiny, about 1 minute.
- Pour over the cereal and fold with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and peanut butter cups and fold again.
- Lay out on parchment paper to cool or enjoy warm.