I’d like us all to adopt a new saying, “The kids made me do it.” Go ahead, start using this one because not only is it totally my life, but I feel like it’s also the perfect excuse to get away with a few things. Like these Reese’s Monster Cookies for example. Yes, they are like the original Monster Cookies, but with a little extra love.
I’m beginning to think that I’m Averie Cooks’ twin because everything in my home revolves around peanut butter. Actually, I made the mistake of introducing our 3 year old to Biscoff so her world revolves around that. Anyway, I’m a bit of a baking with peanut butter snob too. I will only use Jif or Skippy when I make my cookies unless it’s some random flavor then I’ll look into another kind. They are just the flat out best for baking in my opinion.
So, I decided to make the classic monster cookie and my daughter immediately said, “If you’re adding chocolate chips and m&m’s why wouldn’t you add Reese’s? It’s only going to make it way better.” Um, you’re a genius. So we did. And we ate them all. And it was heaven. The end. Let your cookie making begin.
Are Reeses Peanut Butter Chips Gluten Free?
All Reese’s peanut butter cups are gluten-free EXCEPT the seasonal shapes.
The Reese’s peanut butter baking chips are also on the gluten-free list.
Is Oatmeal Good For You?
Oats are among the healthiest grains on earth.
Oatmeal is packed with soluble fiber, which reduces your bad cholesterol.
Oats are gluten-free, whole grain, and a great source of important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
Are Raisins Good For You?
Raisins are packed with energy and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Raisins can aid digestion, boost iron levels, and keep your bones strong.
Reese’s Monster Cookies
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Reese's Monster Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter name brand works best
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons), softened
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/4 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup m&m's
- 1/2 cup raisins * optional
- 3/4 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups chopped
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl or mixer, add the butter and peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Add the sugar and cream again.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and salt and mix on low speed until everything is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add the oats and baking soda and mix with a whisk, then dump into the creamed mixture.
- Add the raisins, chocolate chips, m&m's, and Reese's.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes.