Sometimes you discover something that inspires you and you have absolutely no choice, but to share it with others in hopes that they too will become inspired. I’ve actually become inspired about a few things lately and so instead of overwhelming you I’ll just start with my newest inspiration, one that I will hope and pray that you will look into as well, (and maybe talk about on your site as well. Hint Hint). But don’t worry, that Slide Ridge honey is coming soon. Yes, yes it is…
Hello gorgeousness. Aren’t they just beautiful? So, a few weeks back I was able to attend an event at Communal, one of my all time favorite restaurants. At this event (and yes, these events are totally open to the public, so go check them out and sign up to attend an event yourself. It. Is. Worth. It. Anyway, I was just relaxing next to my hubby, my tummy growling due to the incredible aromas wafting out of the kitchen, when a nice young man sat down next to me. HA! I’m sounding so grown up arent’ I? I bet he’s only a few years younger than me. So, I introduce myself only to learn that he is the man behind… wait for it…
La Nay Ferme
Have you heard of La Nay Ferme? Please, go visit the site, but do NOT skip the intro. Watch it. Be inspired by it, and then come back here. Let me tell you, the produce is amazing. I grew up in Washington where people are known as, “Granola Crunchers”. I always thought they were a bit too into it, but I’ll tell you what, we all have a lot of growing up to do when it comes to food. Why wouldn’t you want produce that not only is better for you, but tastes completely better. I get it, I’m a “foodie” so you think it only is another one of those foodie things, but you are wrong. Why do we buy the best clothes and houses, but we aren’t willing to put the best things in our bodies? Oh, and then when we grow older we have to do every extreme thing possible to try and reset the clock.
Reinventing Family Dinner
You can do this. We all can do this. It’s time to, “Reinvent family dinner”. It’s time to get real about our food. There are farmers working so hard every day to bring us foods that they are passionate about and that will improve our quality of life. I know it can be spendier, but consider two things…
- When you are buying good produce from a place like La Nay, the produce is higher quality, and better nutrients. So, you don’t need to buy a ton of things like dressings, sauces etc to give flavor to a dish. The food LITERALLY tastes so good on it’s own. Think about a store tomato versus garden. Now think about if it was a La Nay tomato. Get what I’m saying?
- When you provide your body with proper nutrition now, you actually end up saving money on medicines, doctor visits and major illnesses. We are a world that works backwards. We don’t take care of ourselves and then pay crazy money to fix problems. Instead, take the time now to eat right and it will pay off. IT WILL.
How To Get La Nay Ferme Produce
Do Carrots Help Your Eyes?
Yes, carrots to help improve eyesight.
It is believed that the beta-carotene or vitamin A in carrots promotes healthy eyes and eyesight.
How Long Will Fresh Carrots Keep?
Carrots should be refrigerated in a plastic bag.
Carrots will keep for 3-4 weeks in the refrigerator.
Can Carrots Be Frozen?
Carrots must be blanched (put in boiling water for a few minutes) before freezing.
Carrots can be stored in the freezer for 6-8 months.
Roasted Carrot Fries
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Roasted Carrot Fries
- 6-8 Medium to large carrots
- Olive Oil
- Honey Wine Vinegar Slide Ridge- I got mine at Tony Caputo's
- Sea Salt
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the carrots into fries. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a quick drizzle of honey vinegar. Toss to coat.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.