Well, we are back to the sherbet. But, I promise this will be the last for a while! I made snickerdoodles a bit ago (I tried to make them dairy free; Never Doing THAT Again!!!!!) and my hubby ate them with ice cream. Well, I’m STILL off of dairy because of nursing Claire and so I made mine into a sandwich with raspberry sherbet. OH YAY!! This snickerdoodle sandwich was so yummy! Seriously. I know it sounds weird, but trust me! They were so delish! Even Cade liked them and he doesn’t eat much sherbet. WOOHOO!
Can Snickerdoodle Dough Be Frozen?
Snickerdoodle and most other cookie dough can be frozen.
Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container.
You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months.
Can You Substitute Shortening For Butter In Cookies?
Generally, you can substitute shortening for butter in equal amounts in baking recipes.
Shortening makes higher, lighter-textured baked goods, and the flavor may be just a little different.
Is Sherbet Fat Free?
Sherbet is dairy free and fat free.
There are fewer calories in sherbet than in ice cream, however there is more sugar in sherbet than in ice cream.
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
(Original Snickerdoodle recipe WITH dairy)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine 1 1/2 cups white sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Blend well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- Roll dough in sugar/cinnamon mixture and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely and then place a scoop of sherbet on one cookie and smush another on top.
- Wrap in saran wrap and place in the freezer until set.