So I totally took a picture, but my camera failed! I’m going to post this sour cream chicken recipe anyway because it is soooo good! I’ll make it up to you though. Close your eyes and picture a nice breaded chicken breast. Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. Mmm, delicious! We like it best grilled, but if you don’t have a grill, or don’t want to mess with it, you can cook it in the oven. If you are using the oven, I recommend putting a wire rack on a pan, spraying it with cooking spray, and placing the chicken on top.
Can You Eat Grilled Chicken Cold?
If grilled chicken has been stored in the refrigerator, it is safe to eat cold.
Chicken should not be left out for more than 2 hours before refrigerating.
Can Plain Yogurt Be Substituted For Sour Cream?
The yogurt closest in texture and flavor to regular sour cream is whole-milk Greek yogurt.
You can use regular plain yogurt, but it is much thinner than sour cream.
Why Add Sour Cream To Cookies?
Sour cream adds richness and texture to cakes, cookies and breads.
Sour Cream Chicken
Sour Cream Chicken
- 1 16 oz container Sour Cream we use fat-free
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 chicken breasts fat trimmed
- Bread crumbs
- Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs and chicken in a bag or shallow container.
- Place chicken in marinade completely covering.
- Marinate 15 min. to an hour.
- Roughly scrape the marinade off the chicken and dredge it in bread crumbs.
- Place on greased pan or greased grill.
- Drizzle butter over the top (or spray it with butter flavored Pam)
- If you are using the oven then bake at 350 for 1/2 hour to 45 min. or until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- If you are grilling, then cook the chicken for approximately 10 min on medium heat.
- Carefully use tongs to turn the chicken over without removing the breading. I like to hold the chicken away from the flames with my tongs and spray the other side with Pam before placing it back on the grill.
- Cook for another 10-15 min, or until no longer pink in the middle.