I made this Spicy Sausage Tortellini dish months ago for the hubby and pretty much completely forgot about it until the other night. I had some fresh three cheese tortellini that I was making for dinner when I remembered I can’t eat it because of the cheese. Yup, still on the whole restricted diet for the little one. Darnit. So, I figured we may as well use up the rest of the spicy sausage and I made this dish. This took .5 seconds to make and I ate spaghetti with no cheese 🙁
What Is Tortellini?
Tortellini is small squares of pasta that are stuffed with meat or cheese and then rolled and formed into small rings.
Is Spaghetti Sauce and Marinara Sauce the Same?
In the United States, “marinara sauce” and “spaghetti sauce” are used almost interchangeably.
Can Tortellini Be Frozen?
Tortellini can be frozen.
Place fresh tortellini in covered airtight containers or heavy-duty freezer bags.
Spicy Sausage Tortellini
Recipe By Me
- 1 Pkg Fresh Tortellini
- 1 1/2 Cup Marinara or 3/4 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Half and Half or Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Lb Spicy Sausage, cooked
- Parmesan Cheese, Fresh and grated
- Heat oven to 350
- Mix the marinara, cream, seasonings together in a pot.
- Cook the tortellini until almost done.
- Drain and toss with cooked sausage, marinara and parsley.
- Throw it in a baking dish, and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered for 20 min and then remove the foil and let the cheese get all bubbly for another 5 min.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2211 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 388.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 213.6g Fiber: 14.6g Sugar: 35.2g Protein: 95.7g