CLOSED, Splenda Essentials Giveaway, Strawberry Lemonade Scones
Splenda has just released a new, no calorie line of sweetners. I was totally excited to be given the opportunity to try them out. I already love any opportunity to cut down on sugar, fats, etc so I happen to also love Splenda. Yes, it is a little different than sugar, but I totally think it’s super easy to get used to. In fact, I made a delicious recipe, posted below, that did not taste the tiniest bit different. BOOYAH!
What Are Scones?
Scones are a baked good originating in Britain.
Scones are usually made of wheat, or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent and baked on sheet pans.
Are Scones a Breakfast Food?
Scones can be eaten for breakfast, tea time, or a snack any time of the day.
Scones are best when eaten warm, but can also be served cold.
How Do You Store Scones?
Store scones in an airtight container at room temperature.
Scones should be eaten within 2 days.
Splenda Essentials Giveaway, Strawberry Lemonade Scones
Strawberry Lemonade Scones
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Splenda
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter chilled and cubed
- 1 Cup diced strawberries
- 1 Cup Freeze-dried Strawberries
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- Lemon Curd
- Preheat Oven to 400.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the butter and using a pastry cutter, blend in the butter until it resembles peas.
- Toss the berries and zest with the flour/butter mixture so that the berries and zest are evenly coated.
- Gently add the eggs and cream. Fold the mixture until shaggy.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and gently fold it over itself until the dough holds together.
- Place the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press the dough into a circle and cut into wedges.
- Brush the dough with cream and a little sugar.
- Bake 18-20 min.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sanding sugar and drizzle lemon curd.
Want to try Splenda yourself?!!!
Giveaway: New Splenda Essentials
One (1) lucky winner will receive a prize package containing: One (1) SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener with B Vitamins
One (1) SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener, 1 gram of Fiber packets
One (1) SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener, 1 gram of Fiber granulated
One (1) SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS No Calorie Sweetener to-go mug
One (1) Splenda-yellow blender
Two (2) Splenda-yellow bowls
One (1) Splenda-yellow fruit juicer
How to enter this Giveaway:
– “Like” SPLENDA® on Facebook.
– Leave a comment on this post telling me how you love to use Splenda.
*Splenda compensated me for participation in this campaign. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.