I saw this stuffed french toast recipe on The Best Thing I Ever Ate on Food Network and immediately wanted to try it. It was yummy. Really filling, but yummy.
Our tummies were rumbling as we were cooking and the smells of creamy gooey peanut butter and bananas were filling the air.
We couldn’t wait to dive in! Our tummies got pretty full pretty quickly though, in fact I could barely finish half of it. But it was definitely worth it. Who knew that stuffed french toast could be so simple to make AND so delicious! We skipped out on the Rum, but that was the only change we made. I think it’s totally worth making on a Saturday morning with the fam! Definitely a good (and delicious!) way to break out of the same old french toast rut. Try this stuffed french toast recipe, I promise you won’t regret it!
Can French Toast Be Made With Any Kind Of Bread?
There are a few favorite breads for French toast, including Brioche, French Bread, and Pullman Loaf.
But, any day old bread is acceptable for French toast.
Can French Toast Be Reheated?
French toast can easily be reheated in the microwave.
It only takes about 30 seconds to reheat 2 pieces of French toast in the microwave.
French toast can also be reheated in a toaster.
How Do You Keep Bananas From Ripening Too Quickly?
You can place ripe bananas in the refrigerator to keep them from getting too ripe.
The peel with blacken, but the banana will be kept at the perfect ripeness.
You can also wrap the stem end of a bunch of bananas with plastic wrap.
Wrapping the stem end of bananas with plastic wrap will slow down ripening.
Stuffed French Toast
Recipe By Cafe 222
- 6 slices day-old white or wheat bread
- 1 to 2 ripe bananas
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Honey, for drizzling
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Butter or oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Maple Syrup, for topping
- Remove crust from bread.
- Lay bread out on counter and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on each slice.
- Peel banana and slice enough to cover every other piece of bread. (You will be making 3 complete sandwiches).
- Drizzle a small amount of honey on each piece of bread that does not have banana on it. (These are the tops).
- Place honey drizzled piece of bread on top of a piece with bananas on it to make a sandwich.
- Repeat until you have made 3 sandwiches.
- In a shallow medium sized bowl, gently whip, by hand, the eggs, cream, vanilla, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Heat skillet to medium heat, around 350 to375 degrees F, or until butter melts and begins to sizzle.
- Dip 1 sandwich at a time into rum batter and place into skillet.
- Cook until golden brown (about 3 to 4 minutes before turning) on each side.
- Remove from skillet and cut in 1/2 diagonally.
- Top with powdered sugar, butter and maple syrup
Serving Size:1 recipe
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1907 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 721.4mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 158.8g Fiber: 18.7g Sugar: 48.9g Protein: 71.9g