This Summer Strawberry Lemon Pie was delicious. Who doesn’t love fresh strawberry pie? I mean seriously? I loved the big juicey strawberries, hint of lemon to brighten things up and the flaky pie crust. It was all heaven. I pretty much ate the whole thing myself because I couldn’t keep from opening the fridge and taking a bite every time I walked by it.
I also loooooove finding new products that are better and make my life easier. I used Cornabys Ultra Gel. Friends, so much better than cornstarch! It worked like a charm to thicken things up. Have you tried it? You totally should. I hate if I can taste cornstarch in my food. HATE IT! Loved that the ultra gel didn’t have that starchy flavor. Loved it.
How Long Will Fresh Strawberries Keep?
Fresh strawberries will keep for 5-7 days when stored properly.
You should remove any bruised or moldy strawberries.
Do Not wash the berries before storing.
Place a paper towel in the bottom of a container and place strawberries on top of the paper towel.
Store in the refrigerator.
How Do You Zest A Lemon Without A Zester?
Slice very thin pieces of peel from the lemon using a Vegetable Peeler or Paring Knife.
Cut the thin slices into thin strips.
Finely mince the strips to create zest.
Or, you can zest a lemon with the smallest side of a food grater.
Can Pie Dough Be Frozen?
You can freeze pie dough for up to 3 months.
Form a ball out of the dough and place it in a heavy duty freezer bag and then freeze.
Or you can roll the dough out and drape it in a pie dish to freeze.
Thaw the dough completely before finishing your pie.
Summer Strawberry Lemon Pie
- 2 Quarts Fresh Strawberries, sliced in half
- 6 Tablespoons Ultra Gel
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 pie crusts or one deep dish Pie Crusts baked
- Smash 1/4 of the berries with a pastry cutter.
- Mix the ultragel and sugar together.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, smashed berries, sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Bring the pan to medium heat and begin to cook through.
- Mix the 1/2 cup of water with the ultra gel and add to the saucepan.
- Let simmer until thickened, remove from the heat.
- Mix the strawberries and sauce together and dump in the pie crust.
- Turn over the top berries so that no insides of the berries are showing.
- Chill for a few hours (it took mine 2 hours)
**If you live in Utah you should for sure check out Cornabys. They will be selling products at Harmons and oh my goodness, you must try the jams. The raspberry lemonade is to die for!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3671 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 649.1g Fiber: 38.4g Sugar: 370.7g Protein: 23.8g