Dudes, this sauce with crunchy Panko chicken fingers, good mercy. It’s so good it’s seriously almost wrong. It’s not healthy, not even a little bit which is why the chicken fingers are baked. It kinda balances it out, right? No? Well whatever. Let’s break it down, panko chicken strips (never used Panko? You should! ) with a BBQ-Bacon-Cheddar dipping sauce that will blow your mind.
I’ll be completely honest, I am all about the juicy, cheesy, greasy foods at a Super Bowl party. I mean, clearly I love for there to be healthy options, I don’t want to feel nasty when it’s all over, but I do want to have something packed with cheese and bacon. This definitely fulfills every Super Bowl snacking need. Something crunchy, saucy, cheesy and bacon-y. And it comes together in a snap. Put it in a bowl, melt it, whisk it, dip it, bake it. Booyah, baby!!!
Oh, and don’t worry if you don’t think chicken strips are enough, there’s also Fajita Burgers, Tillamook Bacon Cheeseburger, and a Sonoran Dog. Gosh, I love all of those, and strangely enough the Sonoran the most.
Can You Fry Chicken Strips From Frozen?
It is recommended that you thaw chicken strips before frying.
When you fry a frozen strip, the exterior is going to overcook before the interior is thawed.
Are Chicken Strips and Chicken Tenders the Same Thing?
Chicken fingers, chicken tenders, and chicken strips, are different names for the same thing.
They are usually cut from both sides of the breast bone just underneath the breast meat.
How Long Will Chicken Strips Keep?
Properly stored, cooked chicken strips will keep about 2 days in the refrigerator.
They should be wrapped in plastic or stored in an airtight bag.
For the Strips
- 9 Chicken Tenders
- 1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt and pepper
BBQ Bacon Cheddar Dipping Sauce
- 2 Oz Processed American Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup BBQ Sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s is awesome)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1-2 Slices of Bacon, chopped
For the Chicken
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the panko in a shallow bowl and add the salt and pepper.
- Mix and then dip each chicken tender in the panko, pressing the crumbs to the meat.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until baked through.
For the Sauce
- Combine the mayo, bbq sauce, chili powder, garlic powder and cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 20 second increments and stir in between until smooth.
- Serve immediately with crumbled bacon on top.
Yield: 1 recipe, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 4519 Calories
- Total Fat: 269.8g
- Cholesterol: 632.6mg
- Carbohydrates: 292.3g
- Fiber: 18.6g
- Sugar: 39.2g
- Protein: 223.6g