They’re baaaaack! Those dang girl scouts and their Thin Mint cookies. I hear there are other flavors, in fact Mr Handsome just informed me the other day that he loves the Samoas. What?! Since when? We’ve been married for 500 years and you’ve never mentioned it! And who cares anyway, he can eat his Samoas and us girls will eat the Thin Mints and this Thin Mint Popcorn.
And did you know that there is actually a special way to eat thin mints? No, it’s not just on popcorn or eating them right out of their sleeve, it’s in the freezer. Yeah buddy. Place those bad boys in the freezer, wait for the kiddos to go down for a nap, or to bed, or heck just wait for them to turn their heads then go hide in the closet to enjoy a few.
But! There is a very important rule about choosing to eat a treat when the kids are still awake. New moms I hope you’re listening. I am looking straight at you. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT open your mouth, breath, or talk around your kids if you’ve been enjoying a special treat. They will know. You think you can hide it, but even the smallest m&m or chocolate chip can be smelled from miles away by this species.
Their little heads will pop right up from whatever “distraction” you’ve tried giving them and without warning they will be all up in your business, “What are you having? What are you eating? Can I have some?” It’s not worth it. You will be forced to share and we all know what we learned back in nursery, sharing is for the bottom feeders. Ok, not really, and you can share your chocolate. In fact I’m grateful you do, someone’s gotta do it.
Does Popcorn Have Any Nutritional Value?
Popcorn is a whole grain, making it a good-for-you food.
Popcorn provides energy-producing complex carbohydrates.
Popcorn contains fiber, providing roughage the body needs in the daily diet.
A cup of air popped corn is only 30 calories.
How Long Will Unpopped Corn Last?
Unpopped popcorn will last indefinitely.
Once popped, it will keep for 2-3 weeks.
Thin Mint Popcorn
Thin Mint Popcorn
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 paper bag
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup andes mints pieces found by chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mint chips
- 4 crushed Thin Mint Cookies
- Place the popcorn in the paper bag and microwave for 90 seconds.
- Season with salt and place in a large bowl.
- Melt the andes and chocolate chips together in a microwave safe bowl, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn and fold until well coated.
- Melt the mint chips in a small bowl and drizzle over the popcorn for color.
- Sprinkle with crushed thin mint cookies and lay out on parchment paper.
- Allow to dry or just eat it all melty and delicious.