MMMMMMMM MANGO CHICKEN NACHOS!!!!!!! I could eat these everyday. No, really. I’m serious. These are sweet deliciousness. So what if the wontons are fried and covered in cheese? Everyone needs something fried at some point in their life. And don’t lie and say you don’t like anything fried. Yes, you do. I don’t care how healthy you are. My husband actually got out of shape since having the baby, usually it’s while the woman is preggers, but I guess me throwing my guts up and not eating didn’t really give Cade any reason to go crazy. Well, since having sweet Claire I’ve been eating more and Cade’s been working out less. You wouldn’t know it by just seeing him, but he wants to get back on the ball. When he saw these he was like, “It’s fried, I can’t.” Then he ate them for dinner and again for lunch the next day. They were that good.
Let me just tell you, the sweet chili sauce with that kick of spice and the soft, sweet, juicy mango and the cheesy crunch of the wontons, OH SWEET MERCY! I love the bites with a big ol’ chunk of chicken. mmmm! I bet you could throw in a little pineapple and red onion too, if you so desire, but I like my salsa just like this.
Seriously, go get yo’ self some mangoes etc and make these this weekend. So worth the calories!!!!
Can You Substitute Orange Pepper For Red?
Orange bell peppers are slightly less sweet than red peppers.
Orange and yellow bell peppers can be substituted for red bell peppers.
Is Mango Good For You?
Mango is high in Vitamin C and Vitamin A.
Vitamin A promotes eye health.
Is The Fat In Avocados Bad For You?
Avocados contain both monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
Over 75% of the fat in avocado is “good” fat.
Mango Chicken Nachos
Mango Chicken Nachos
Recipe By me
- 1 Pkg Wontons, sliced on the diagonal and fried
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup plus more for drizzling (or more depending on desired spiciness) Sweet Chile Sauce (found in the Asian Foods Section)
- 2 Mangoes (very ripe), chopped
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Heat the oven to 350 and place three chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Cover with the sweet chili sauce and then cover the pan with foil.
- Bake 25-30 min or until done.
- Remove from oven and shred.
- Meanwhile, toss together the mangoes, avocados, cilantro and red pepper.
- Set aside.
- Turn the oven to 450.
- Place wontons on a cookie sheet and cover with chicken and cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly.
- Place the chicken wontons on a plate and cover with mango salsa and drizzle with a little more sweet chili sauce.
Yield: 1 recipe, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 1652 Calories
- Total Fat: 80.9g
- Cholesterol: 334.1mg
- Carbohydrates: 123.5g
- Fiber: 26g
- Sugar: 97.1g
- Protein: 119.6g