Making these Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Filling was so fun for me. I had my 5 year old help with everything and she thought that making red brownies was awesome, then I showed her that we were cutting them into hearts and she was thrilled. I love little moments like that. In fact, I believe those little moments are essential to life. A little reminder every now and again about what’s really important and to slow down and play a little. I’m already planning out my own Valentines Day surprise for the girls and while I don’t know exactly what it will entail I’m loving getting ready for it. Love, love, love my little family. Sometimes I feel like Valentines day, in fact often I feel that Valentines day is such a waste. I don’t need a day to do something special for my loved ones. But, this Valentines day I feel like it’s Thanksgiving. I feel so thankful for a darling husband and children who see the best in me and look past my faults. It sometimes feels like you can’t move past your faults even by loved ones because they think of you a certain way etc, but my little family always sees me for who I am becoming, not who I’ve been etc. This Valentines I want to live up to that more, love a little more, speak kindly a little more, and show a whole lot more appreciation. How lucky are we to have love no matter if it’s for a pet, family member, significant other etc? Love is definitely a blessing and life just wouldn’t be the same without it.
Is Red Velvet Cake Just Chocolate Cake?
Red Velvet cake does not have the same ingredients as chocolate cake.
Red velvet is made with cocoa powder, vinegar and buttermilk.
The chemical reaction between these ingredients help give Red Velvet cake a deep maroon color.
Red food coloring is often added to give it the deep red color.
Can You Substitute Neufchâtel Cheese For Cream Cheese?
Neufchatel cheese, is similar to cream cheese in both flavor and texture.
Neufchatel cheese is slightly softer and lighter in flavor, and has less fat than cream cheese.
Despite these slight differences, neufchatel cheese can be substituted for cream cheese without being noticeable.
How Do You Know When Brownies Are Done?
When brownies pull away from the edge of the pan, they are done baking.
You can test for doneness with a toothpick.
Insert a toothpick halfway between the center and edge of pan.
If it comes out with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it, the brownies are done to the “fudgy” stage.
If the toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are baked to the “cake” stage.
Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Filling
Red Velvet Brownies with Cream Cheese Filling
Recipe By Me
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 Cup Margarine Melted and cooled
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 8 oz package Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Mix the cake mix, evaporated milk, and margarine in the bowl of a standing mixer until smooth.
- Set aside to thicken for a moment.
- Heat the oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish and spread 1/2 the dough onto the bottom.
- Bake for 6 minutes and remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips all over the brownie and drop dollops of the cream cheese mixture. Wait a minute for the cream cheese to begin to soften and melt into the chocolate.
- Very carefully spread the mixture all over the brownie.
- Pick up heaping tablespoons of the remaining dough and flatten into the palm of your hand. If your hands are too warm if will melt into your hands. You can try spraying your hands with cooking spray, chilling the dough in the fridge and running your hands under cool water.
- Place the dough all over the top like a patchwork quilt, until it is completely covered.
- Bake again for 16-19 minutes.
- Cool on the counter and then place in the fridge to help chill the filling even more.
- Remove 20 min before eating to bring back to room temp.