We made this copycat California Pizza Kitchen BBQ chicken bacon pizza and it was so delish! I was thinking about it the other day and it looks like we eat a lot of pizza because we have so many recipes up for pizza. Mostly this is because my sister will post a pizza recipe and then I post one, but it’s also because our pizza dough makes 4 med pizzas or two larges and since we have a small family when we do make pizza we usually make pizza twice in two weeks so we don’t waste the dough.
Anyway, just something I was thinking about. I hope you all don’t get sick of our pizza creations! 🙂
Our favorite pizza is Margarita. We love the simplicity and freshness of ingredients. It’s what we make almost every time we make pizza. I think we have found another favorite, BBQ chicken with Bacon. It’s so simple, but the flavors have a slight smokiness with sweet to round it all out. The cilantro on top is delicious. A friend was telling me that CPK adds cilantro to theirs and it’s her favorite. I haven’t tried their version, but I did copy them with the cilantro and sure enough I loved the freshness and the flavor of the cilantro on top.
I hope you all will give this a try!!
Can Pizza Dough Be Frozen?
You can freeze pizza dough to use later.
Let the dough completely rise, then divide it into pieces portioned for single pizzas.
Place dough in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze up to 3 months.
How Do You Reheat Pizza?
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Bake pizza for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
You can reheat pizza in a skillet.
Heat the skillet to medium high and drizzle a tiny bit of oil in.
Place pizza in the skillet and cover loosely with a lid, or create a dome out of foil, cook for 4-5 minutes.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Bacon In An Oven?
Preheat oven t0 375 degrees.
Place bacon on a rack in a baking sheet.
Bake for 10-20 minutes depending on how chewy or crispy you want your bacon.
Copycat California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Bacon Pizza
(makes 2 14" pizzas)
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 1/4 Cup warm water
- 1 Cup cake flour (not self-rising)
- 2 1/2-3 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon salt (I usually half this)
- olive oil
For the Sauce
- BBQ Sauce (If you don't want to make your own I suggest using a good BBQ sauce like Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 24 oz Ketchup
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Worcestershire Sauce
- A teensy drop of liquid smoke (if you want)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- A pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- A pinch ground white pepper
- A pinch of onion powder
For the Pizza
- 1/3 Cup Smoked Gouda
- 1- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella
- 2 Pieces Turkey Bacon (Or regular), cooked and chopped
- 1 Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded (see recipe above)
- 1/4 Red onion sliced ridiculously thin
- 1/4 Bunch of Cilantro, chopped
For the Crust
- Add yeast to warm water & allow to sit for 10 min.
- In a large bowl, combine flours and salt.
- Add the yeast mixture & stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour as needed.
- Coat a bowl with olive oil.
- Place the dough in the bowl, turning it once to coat with oil.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place. The dough should double in volume (1-1 1/2 hours).
- Flatten the dough and divide in half.
- Shape each piece into a ball & let raise for another hour.
- Add toppings and bake at 425 for 15-20 min.
- For the Blackened Chicken
- Mix together the paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder.
- Oil the chicken breast with cooking spray on both sides, then coat the chicken breast evenly with the spice mixture.
- Cook in a med-high skillet one minute on each side and finish in a 350 degree oven about 20-30 min.
For the Pizza
- After rolling out the crust place a layer of BBQ sauce on the dough.
- Sprinkle the chicken, onion and bacon and top with cheeses.
- Bake at 425 for 10-20 min depending on the size you made your pizza. Just watch until the cheesy is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
Serving Size:1 pizza
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 3956 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 301.3mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 671.2g Fiber: 15.7g Sugar: 255.3g Protein: 139.8g