These carrot cake muffins with crumb topping are irresistibly soft and fluffy, you won’t want another carrot cake muffin recipe after you’ve tried these!
There is nothing better than carrot cake in Spring. As soon as I notice the signs of warmer weather coming I immediately start craving carrot cake everything. I love the light mix of spices with the sweet flecks of carrot. I am actually quite picky about my carrot cake. It needs to have just the right consistency and texture and I have yet to master my perfect carrot cake recipe. On the other hand, I have been in love with these carrot cake muffins for quite a while already.
It is sweet, but not too sweet. I don’t believe in sweet muffins because you may as well eat a cupcake. It has the right balance of spice and is incredibly fluffy with large, bouncy muffin tops. Muffin tops are just amazing, aren’t they? I could live off a good muffin top. Of course, I would be sporting my own muffin top which is definitely not as amazing. But a girl can dream, right?
I am borderline obsessive with crumb topping. If I hear anything has a crumb topping I need to have it. So whenever I make anything with a crumb topping I always add extra. Is there anything better than a crunchy, buttery crumb on top of a muffin? Yup, I didn’t think so! These light and fluffy carrot cake muffins with crumb topping are the perfect way to start your Easter morning. You deserve it.
Can Muffins be Baked in a Microwave?
But, muffins can be baked in a microwave.
If you do not have a microwave muffin pan, custard cups may be used lined with paper liners for muffins.
One thing you need to remember is that microwaves do not brown, so although the muffins will be done, they will not be golden brown.
Can Carrot Cake be Left Out Overnight?
Properly stored, carrot cake can be left at room temperature for up to two days.
Carrot Cake can be frozen for 4-6 months if wrapped tightly.
Can You Reheat Muffins?
It is possible to reheat muffins without losing their tender moist texture.
Moisten a paper towel and wring out the excess water.
Wrap the muffins in the paper towel.
Reheat in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds, being careful not to overheat, which makes the muffin dry and hard.
Carrot Cake Muffins with Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots, patted dry
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Make the crumb topping first.
- Mix together the flour, both sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in the butter until combined and the mixture clumps together when pressed.
- It should form large crumbs as you mix it in.
- Set aside in the refrigerator as you make the muffin batter.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt together until combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt, and vanilla together until well combined,.
- Gently stir in the flour mixture and mix until just combined, leaving lots of lumps in the batter.
- Fold in the carrots and pecans without overmixing the batter.
- Evenly divide the batter among the cupcake liners until it is almost completely filled.
- Top each of the muffins with the crumb topping.
- You may have some crumb topping left over, store in the refrigerator up to a week, or in the freezer for a few months.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until light and springy with a nice golden brown hue.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 349 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 42.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 48.2g Fiber: 2.1g Sugar: 22.2g Protein: 6g
Connect with me for more desserts!