Is Artichoke Good For You?
Artichokes are packed with nutrients that are good for you.
Artichokes are low fat, and high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Artichokes rank among the most antioxidant-rich of all vegetables.
Can Pizza Be Made Ahead and Frozen?
You can make pizza ahead and then freeze it til you are ready to bake it.
For best results, you should par-bake the crust.
Par-baking for 3-5 minutes before freezing will help the crust be crisp when baked.
How Long Will Pizza Keep?
Left over pizza can be kept for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Pizza should be stored covered with foil or in a plastic storage bag.
Chicken Bacon And Artichoke Pizza
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Chicken Bacon and Artichoke Pizza
By Meet me in the kitchen
- 3 1/2 cups flour you can use half whole wheat, half white
- 1-2 cups water warm
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cream heavy
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts drained, and sauteed
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless cooked (with salt and pepper) and shredded
- 4 slices turkey bacon cooked and chopped
- 1-2 cups cheese Part Skim Mozzarella, shredded
For the Crust
- For dough- place warm water, yeast, honey, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl or mixer (if you have a dough hook).
- Add warm water a couple tablespoons at a time and mix until you have a nice smooth dough.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the heavy cream, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water, and stir into the sauce.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
For the Pizza
- Roll out the pizza dough and spread the creamy garlic sauce over the crust.
- Sprinkle the chicken, artichokes and bacon over the pizza and top with cheese
- Bake 10-15 min at 500 degrees or until cheese is bubbly