Is Artichoke Good For You?
Artichokes are packed with nutrients that are good for you.
Artichokes are low fat, and high in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Artichokes rank among the most antioxidant-rich of all vegetables.
Will Artichoke Make A Dog Sick?
Dogs can eat artichokes raw or cooked.
But, as with most things, if you give your dog too much artichoke, it could cause an upset stomach or even vomiting and diarrhea.
How Long Will Pizza Keep?
Left over pizza can be kept for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Pizza should be stored covered with foil or in a plastic storage bag.
Chicken Bacon And Artichoke Pizza
Chicken Bacon and Artichoke Pizza
By Meet me in the kitchen
- 3 1/2 cups flour you can use half whole wheat, half white
- 1-2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tb Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Can Artichoke Hearts drained, and sauteed
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken breasts cooked (with salt and pepper) and shredded
- 4 Slices Of Turkey Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1-2 Cups Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese shredded
For the Crust
- For dough- place warm water, yeast, honey, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl or mixer (if you have a dough hook).
- Add warm water a couple tablespoons at a time and mix until you have a nice smooth dough.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the heavy cream, parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water, and stir into the sauce.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
For the Pizza
- Roll out the pizza dough and spread the creamy garlic sauce over the crust.
- Sprinkle the chicken, artichokes and bacon over the pizza and top with cheese
- Bake 10-15 min at 500 degrees or until cheese is bubbly