Tis the Season for these Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies that will bring joy to each and every one. These cookies are soft and chewy filled with a delicious creamy filling that makes each bite memorable!
Hi! My name is Nicole and I am the food blogger of Brown Sugar Food Blog! Don’t mind me, I’m just stopping by to share a delicious recipe that you will crave each year around the holidays. First, a little about me. On my blog, I like to share simple and delicious recipes that don’t require a ton of complicated ingredients and you will want to make over and over again. These Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies are the perfect introduction of me to you.
I absolutely love Gingerbread…ANYTHING! I know that ginger is an acquired taste that a lot of people don’t really care, but I love the warmth, the spice, and the depth of flavor that comes with Gingerbread recipes. What makes these Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies so great, is it has all of the notes of gingerbread with the sweetness of a creamy filling that makes these sandwich cookies bring out the Christmas spirit!
This is no joke, the first time I made these sandwich cookies my family and I ate so many of them that I couldn’t even take pictures to share with you. I had to make this recipe again, just to take pictures because we couldn’t stop eating the first batch of cookies. Seriously! I wouldn’t lie to you. They turned out great! I’m definitely a baker, but I am not a “pretty” baker.
Tips for decorating this Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies
The great thing about making these Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies is you can decorate them however you want. Because I am not a baker-decorator, the first time I made these cookies, they didn’t look all that pretty. So I told myself to stick to what I know and don’t overthink it. So I just added some M&M’s and found decorative eyes and called it a cookie. I must say they came out cute. You can do the same thing, leave them blank, or really give these men some personality.
Don’t Have a Gingerbread Cookie Cutter?
Another tip I want to give you is that you don’t have to use a gingerbread cookie cutter.
You can do:
- Christmas trees
Heck, go crazy! The point is to have fun with however you decide to execute this cookie recipe.
The Most Important Tip
Keep in mind that you will need to chill the dough for a bit so add in 2 hours to your total time in case you are making these for a special occasion.
Well, I hope you make it a point to visit my blog more often. If you like this recipe or general holiday cookie recipes, you will love my Christmas Sugar Cookies, Peppermint Meringues, or Snickerdoodles! You can also follow me on Instagram for my stories where I demonstrate how to cook a popular recipe on my blog. Happy Holidays!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Gingerbread Men Sandwich Cookies
- 2 sticks butter unsalted, room temperature
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin Spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup M&M's optional
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 7 oz. marshmallow fluff
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon milk
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter and brown sugar together until well combined. Add the molasses and egg. Blend together once more. In a separate bowl, add the flour, pumpkin spice, ground ginger, salt, baking soda, and whisk. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for, 30minutes- 1 hour. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and be sure to flour your hands. Roll the dough to be about ⅛ in thickness. Use the cookie cutter to cut out shapes from the dough.
- Press M& M’s into the gingerbread sightly as desired. Place on a baking sheet about one inch apart and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and transfer to cooling rack. Repeat the process to bake all cookies.
- For the cream filling, add the shortening, powdered sugar, fluff, vanilla extract, salt and milk, and mix until creamy and smooth. If the mixture still isn’t smooth add a tablespoon of milk until the desired consistency has been reached. Place the filling in a piping bag. Pipe the filling onto the inside of a gingerbread cookie and place another cookie on top making a sandwich. Continue until all cookies have been made. Serve as desired.