Gluten Free Dairy Free Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Listen, you don’t have to be gluten free or dairy free to make these gluten free dairy free raspberry chocolate chip muffins. In fact, you don’t even have to make this a gluten free or dairy free recipe.
“Gosh, how many times is she going to say gluten free and dairy free?”
I know, it’s getting ridiculous, but the truth is you can totally use all purpose flour, milk, butter, whatever you want and these will still turn out. In fact, you could even do half butter half yogurt or oil and these would be awesome muffins.
We wanted to bring an option to breakfast for those who are on a special diet or have chosen to eliminate certain foods from their diet. Dairy and soy are in EVERYTHING so if you’re one of those breastfeeding moms that has had to eliminate dairy (you should always eliminate soy as well if you have to eliminate dairy) like I have you know that breakfast can be a hassle.
And gluten free is totally easier to take on than it used to be but for those just putting their toes in the water this is a great recipe to try out. The muffins are soft and full of flavor and the tiny sprinkling of turbinado sugar on top may not be completely necessary for everyone but we absolutely love those sugary crystals.
Now don’t worry, I’ve heard you loud and clear that you want to see more variety in the breakfast category so not only are we sharing a gluten free dairy free muffin today but I searched the web and found this AMAZING savory Ultimate Breakfast BLT that is perfection for those of you that don’t want so much sweet at the breakfast table This beauty was found on The Cookie Rookie who happens to be one of my current favorites so check it out!
- 3 Cups gluten free flour blend such as Namaste
- 4 Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup sugar
- ½ Cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1½ Cup raspberries
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- Turbinado sugar
- Heat the oven to 375 and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, eggs and milk.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until almost combined and then fold in raspberries and chocolate chips. Do not over mix he batter, it should just barely be combined with no flour remaining and be very thick.
- Fill each muffin cup with two scoops of dough so it's piled high as they don't rise much on their own. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.