I recently received the Six Sisters’ Stuff brand spankin’ new cookbook and while we had planned to make their delicious crockpot brownies, my hubby totally surprised me and requested the baked chicken taquitos. “Wait, you don’t want to make the brownies first? You want the savory dish?!” Apparently he has been holding out on me for like 9 years. The man loves a crunchy taquito. Say what?! Some easy and freezable? How have we not discovered this about him before? I was totally up for the challenge.
We like to dip things so we served our taquitos along with a verde sauce and although there’s ranch in the taquitos it was actually really delicious. You could totally do sour cream or salsa too. The best part though? The filling!
The chicken is full of flavor with all of that ranchy deliciousness and the cream cheese AND cheese make these totally over the top. PLUS, we froze all of the taquitos we couldn’t eat and whenever we need a quick lunch or dinner we whip them out and bake them in the oven. Love that!
As it turns out it wasn’t a challenge at all. In fact, just like every other recipe in the book this recipe used items I already had on hand, literally, not one single ingredient was shopped for. And the other good stuff, well it was super easy to make, totally fast, it made a ton and the half we didn’t eat was all tossed in the freezer, ready to be popped into the oven for lunches or dinners. I love that. Especially for when we have a babysitter. I hate fixing a meal just so we can go out to dinner and have someone else do the cooking.
I adore these ladies and everything that they are doing and trying to do with their site, and “brand”. Clearly we both are all about getting people back into the kitchen, eating dinner together and enjoying life. Their cookbook is full of,
- Tons of pictures-Which is a HUGE deal to me as I’m a very visual person
- Step by step instructions
- Fun crafts and ideas for the kids, decorating etc
- Easy, but delicious meals, snacks and desserts
- Personality-I love all of the personal stories and notes that accompany each page.
And, in addition to launching an awesome new cookbook, the Six Sisters have challenged everyone everywhere to have dinner 4 times a week for 4 weeks- the 4X4 Family Dinner Challenge. Obviously with my site all about, “Reinventing family dinner” I’m a huge supporter of this part. I truly believe that families that cook and eat together every evening, or as much as possible develop stronger relationships and the kids grow up more confident and happy.
So, want to whip up a few of these recipes yourself? Just enter below, and then scroll down for the recipe.
Are Taquitos The Same As Rolled Tacos?
Taquitos and rolled tacos are much the same.
Both have fillings encased within a tortilla and both are shaped like narrow cylinders.
Ingredients and cooking method may vary between taquitos and rollled tacos, but they are pretty much the same thing.
Are Taquitos Appetizers or a Meal?
Taquitos are served with sour cream, guacamole, or other dipping sauces.
They can be eaten as snacks, appetizers, or a meal.
Are Taquitos Made With Flour or Corn Tortillas?
Corn tortillas are generally used to make taquitos.
But, flour tortillas can be used.
When flour tortillas are used, they are often called flautas instead of taquitos.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
Preorder our new book!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 4 Cups Chicken Cooked and shredded
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 Packet Ranch Seasoning
- 12 Slices of Bacon cooked and chopped
- 20 Flour Tortillas
- Heat the oven to 425
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, cheese, bacon and 1/2 packet of ranch seasoning.
- Stir everything to combine, and add more ranch if desired.
- Place 3 tablespoons in a row on each tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla closed, and place on a greased cookie sheet, seam side down.
- Spray with a little cooking oil or brush with oil and sprinkle a little salt to taste.
- Bake the taquitos for 10-15 minutes and serve.