We have been craving pizza lately and this chicken pesto pizza is definitely a keeper! This recipe comes from Meet Me In The Kitchen If you haven’t visited that blog make sure you do because it’s awesome!
My husband was the one that did the dough and I forgot to tell him to make it into two thin crusts so if you are like us and prefer thin, make sure to make the dough into two separate pizzas. My favorite part is when you get that little bit of sweet from the peppers. It breaks up everything else and rounds out the flavors so well.
Can Pest Be Frozen?
Pesto freezes very well.
Portion pesto into an ice cube tray and freeze.
When frozen, put the cubes of pesto into a heavy duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 12 months.
Pesto can also be frozen in an airtight freezer container.
Can Pizza Dough Be Frozen?
You can freeze any kind of pizza dough.
Let the dough rise, divide it into pieces and freeze in a heavy duty freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Is Zucchini Good For You?
Zucchini contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients.
Zucchini is also high in vitamins B6, riboflavin, folate, C, and K, and minerals, like potassium and manganese.
Chicken Pesto Pizza
Chicken Pesto Pizza
To Make The Pizza
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 Tablespoons Italian seasoning dried
- 3 Tablespoon pesto
- 1 cup cheese mozzarella
- 2 zucchini medium, halved twice and thinly slice
- bell peppers yellow, red, orange, and green, chopped
- mushrooms thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 cups flour you can use half whole wheat
- 1-2 cups water warm
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- For dough-
- Place warm water, yeast, honey, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl or mixer (if you have a dough hook).
- Add warm water a couple Tbls at a time and mix until you have a nice smooth dough.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken for a few minutes, in a little bit of oil over medium high heat, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Before it is cooked through, add zucchini, peppers and mushrooms.
- Add more Italian seasoning and cook until chicken is done and veggies are tender.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray round pizza pan or 12 by 8 baking sheet.
- Put pizza dough on pan and roll out with a rolling pin to desired thickness.
- Bake for 7 minutes on 450 degrees.
- Spread pesto evenly over pizza crust.
- Top with chicken/zucchini mixture, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Put cheese on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.