Easy Pulled Pork Pizza puts leftovers to work! Use a flatbread crust, barbecue sauce, cheese, and crunchy canned onions for a tasty dinner ready in 10 minutes!
Whenever I eat a great meal, I file it away in my brain for use down the road. I never know when or where I’ll need it, but having that inspiration on hand makes for lively dinner ideas.
Pulled Pork Pizza is a great example! 5+ years ago, I tried a wrap from The Chancery in Mequon, Wisconsin. Meltingly-tender braised pork, Door County barbecue sauce, and crunchy onion strings made for a memorable dining experience.
Can Pulled Pork be Cooked in a Slow Cooker?
Pulled pork can be made in a slow cooker.
Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
I’ve been thinking about putting canned onions with pork ever since.
My favorite feature of this recipe is the way it puts leftover pulled pork to work. No leftover pulled pork? If you have 2 ingredients and a slow cooker, make my Magic Slow Cooker Pulled Pork one day and these lovely flatbread pizzas the next.
Assembly is easy. Start with a layer of barbecue sauce (homemade or purchased), then top with lots of mozzarella. Drop rounded spoonfuls of the leftover pork on top, then garnish with crunchy canned French Fried onions.
I also add a smattering of fresh parsley for color, but that’s completely optional.
There isn’t an easier dinner idea around, and it’s just interesting enough to keep your family’s attention!
How Do You Reheat Pizza?
You can reheat pizza by preheating a skillet to medium high.
Cover loosely with a lid and heat for 3-3 minutes.
Or, heat a foil-lined cookie sheet in a 450°F oven until hot (high heat makes the crust crispy).
Arrange slices on the sheet and heat 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Can You Freeze Pizza Dough?
You can freeze pizza dough.
Let it rise completely, then freeze in freezer bags.
It can be frozen up to 3 months.
Let thaw completely in the refrigerator before using.
Easy Pulled Pork Pizza
Easy Pulled Pork Pizza
- 4 flatbreads
- 1/4 cup [url:1]homemade[/url] or purchased barbecue sauce
- 1 cup leftover shredded barbecue pulled pork
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup canned fried onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- Barbecue sauce, for serving
- Preheat broiler on HIGH.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Arrange the flatbreads in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Top each flatbread with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and spread in a thin layer.
- Divide the pulled pork among the flatbreads, using about 1/4 cup on each. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Broil on HIGH until hot and bubbly, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fried onions (about 1/4 cup each) and parsley, if using.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 540 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 46.2mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 55.2g Fiber: 2.7g Sugar: 7.7g Protein: 22g