This is a very versatile salad. You can serve it as an entree on top of greens and topped with grilled chicken. Or you can keep it as a side or appetizer and serve with tortilla chips. Corn and Black Bean Salad With Roasted Red Pepper is a yummy salad you must try.
What Can You Substitute For Black Beans?
Black beans have more protein than any other beans, so nutritionally, there isn’t a good substitute for black beans.
If you want a bean that is similar in taste and texture, pinto beans are the best substitute for black beans.
Does Corn Have Any Nutritional Value?
First of all, corn is a whole grain, and that is good for you.
Corn is also a good source for fiber and protein, and vitamin C.
How Do You Tell If An Avocado Is Ripe?
The best way to judge ripeness in an avocado is the feel it.
Give it a gentle squeeze.
If it gives slightly, it is ripe.
Corn and Black Bean Salad With Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 poblano chili
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn...the sweet baby kind
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Char the chili and bell peppers over a flame until blackened. (you can also buy them already roasted in a can).
- Enclose in plastic bag and let sit for at least 10 mins.
- Peel, seed and chop.
- Mix lime juice, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add chili, peppers, beans, corn, avocado, and onion.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve as is with chips on the side or top with chicken and serve on some greens!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1711 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 201.7g Fiber: 73.9g Sugar: 30.7g Protein: 48.3g