Our friends are so good to come and visit and make us this delicious easy kettle corn for movies. It’s seriously so light and wonderful. I love that it’s light and airy with the sweet and salty combo. It’s so nice to eat because it’s not all heavy and gooey. Not that we don’t love it when it is all gooey and wonderful like This popcorn, but sometimes you don’t feel like being all sugared up late at night. Especially with all of the tv shows like, Community, The Office, Biggest Loser etc coming back it’s kinda fun to have a little snack to go with the show.
This is seriously one of our new favorite popcorns. Thanks Justin and Heather!!!
Is Popcorn Healthy?
Air-popped and eaten plain, popcorn is a healthy whole grain food that is low in calories.
Popcorn also contains fiber, antioxidants, and amino acid.
Is Popcorn Dried Sweet Corn?
No, popcorn and sweet corn are two different things.
Popcorn is harvested when the husk is dry and brown and the kernels are hard.
Dried sweet corn will not pop.
Is Popcorn Gluten Free?
Popcorn is corn.
It does not contain gluten.
Easy Kettle Corn
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Easy Kettle Corn
(you are going to want to have all ingredients prepped because things move quickly)
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Popcorn Kernels
- Salt to taste
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil on medium high heat until shimmering.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the oil and give it a quick stir.
- Add the popcorn and cover with a lid.
- Slide the pot back and forth over the burner while you hear the kernels popping. This will take a few minutes and you are going to want to use hot pads so you don't burn your hands.
- Once you hear the kernels slowing down remove the pot from the heat and sprinkle in a little salt.
- Toss well, taste and add more salt if needed.