Mom’s Fail Proof Magic Pie Crust
Mom's Fail Proof Magic Pie Crust
- 3 Cup flour
- 1 1/4 Cup shortening, chilled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- Ice Cubes
- cold water
- Cut together the flour, salt and crisco until it looks like corn meal.
- Then, in a 1 cup measuring cup, combine 1 egg (slightly beaten), and vinegar.
- Add a couple of ice cubes up to 3 or 4, fill the cup up to 1/2 cup full of water.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients & stir with a fork until combined.
- Then use your hands to divide into two dough balls and wrap one in saran wrap and a plastic freezer bag to freeze for future use.
- Roll the other ball out. Once it is rolled out to the right size, I like to fold it in half and then in half the other way. Then you can pick it up & put it in the pie dish, and unfold it.
- Trim the edges to a uniform length, slightly larger than the pie dish.
- Pinch the dough between your fingers to form a zig-zag.
- Use a fork to poke holes throughout the bottom and sides of the crust.
- Bake according the directions for your particular pie.
- For a blind crust 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Yield: 2 crusts, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 370 Calories
- Total Fat: 26g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Protein: 4g