I’ve seriously become obsessed with mashups. It’s March now but you wont see this post show up for a few months. So although the mashup recipes are spaced out like the teriyaki chicken quesadillas and bbq pulled pork tacos I actually have been making them all in the same month. I felt so strongly I should do that to prepare for pregnancy since I worried I wouldn’t be eating again. Anyway, this lasagna burger was so much fun to make!!
We love lasagna at our house and while it’s actually not that time consuming to make it does take a little effort and heating up an entire oven which does not sound fun as the weather warms up. Now during the winter I love the oven because once I’m doing baking I leave the door open to heat up the room a little more. I’m always freezing. Did you read my super intimate post about my secret?
But back to the burger, it’s Italian beef, cooked perfectly, layered with ricotta, sauce, mozzarella and most importantly stacked on herbed garlic bread buns. Butter those fluffy buns (remember me talking about my buns too? Those for sure got fluffy and we aren’t talking about edible buns;) and sprinkle with an herbed garlic seasoning, then grill them over the hot grill. It’s perfection.
read more: Love burgers? Make our Special Burger Sauce Recipe the next time you make hamburgers!
You can melt the cheese in the grill all stacked up or I prefer to throw the stacks onto a pan under the broiler in the oven just like real lasagna. I sprinkle a little parsley and parmesan on top with it’s all done because I don’t know how to hold back and let things be. But I think my family and friends love me for it. Right?
Why are my Lasagna Sheets Still Hard?
Evan when the package says the lasagna sheets don’t need to be pre-cooked, it will help to soak the lasagne sheets in a single layer in boiling water for 5 mins.
How Long Will Lasagna Keep in the Refrigerator?
Lasagna will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
It should be covered with plastic wrap or foil.
For longer storage, you can freeze lasagna.
Can Hamburgers be Pink in the Middle?
Yes, a burger that is still pink in the middle can be safe to eat.
The important thing with hamburgers is that they reach 160 degrees inside.
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
- 1 Pound 80 Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Spaghetti Sauce of Choice
- 2 Cups Mozzarella shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a large bowl, gently knead the seasoning into the beef. Shape into patties and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the grill to high heat and close the lid. Once the grill is heated turn it to medium high and add the meat. Cook for 3 minutes per side or until desired internal temperature.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter, seasoning and garlic powder and spread on each half of the bun. Grill them open side down until grill marks appear and set aside.
- Place a little sauce on the bottom bun, burger, ricotta cheese, sauce, and cheese and then repeat the layer one more time. You can place under a broiler or turn off one side of the grill, lay down tin foil and place in the grill to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.