Continuing with Speck week, I thought I would take the basic ingredients from the crostini and see what else we could come up with. This Lemon Asparagus Pasta is wonderful. It’s light and yet totally filling thanks to the egg, carbs and Speck. I absolutely love an easy and light pasta dish. I prepared the eggs in the am and I even made a few extra to use the next day (post coming soon). Then I pan fried the Speck and let it drain a little on a napkin, and then saved it in a little bag in the fridge. I had the crostinis left over from dinner (Asparagus, Egg and Speck Crostinis) the night before, as well as the chopped basil. I hurried and grated some fresh Parmesan in another container, and I was practically set for dinner.
In case you were wondering, there is a light dressing, or sauce on this pasta. It may look plain, but there’s a delicious mix of olive oil and lemon juice. I know, simple, but trust me simple flavors pop more than you even realize. Or, maybe you already know that and you are sitting there nodding your head along with me. I hope you are. And if you aren’t, give me a cross your heart, hope to die, stick a needle in your eye that you will give this pasta a go.
Lemon Asparagus Pasta
- 2 Hardboiled Eggs, chopped (How to Hardboil the Perfect Egg)
- 1/2 Bundle of Asparagus (tips for preparing asparagus)
- 6 Slices of Speck, thin cut, pan fried and drained
- 1 Lemon, zested in one bowl and juiced in another
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4-1/3 Cup Fresh Parmesan, Grated
- 1/2 Package of Pasta
Heat the oven to 425.
- If you haven’t already, snap the ends of the asparagus (see tips above) and place them on the pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to evenly coat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and chop into 1 1/2″-2″ pieces.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat.
- Add a few pinches of salt and once it begins to boil add the pasta.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook until aldente.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with the warm pasta, asparagus and egg.
- Top with crumbled speck, parmesan, lemon zest and basil.
Yield: , Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 1465 Calories
- Total Fat: 94.6g
- Cholesterol: 373.8mg
- Carbohydrates: 103g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Protein: 52.7g
All images and text ©
Other Delicious Recipes You May Enjoy:
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Chicken, Asparagus and Spinach-Gimme Some Oven
Spring Greens Pasta-Foodie Crush
Bacon-Asparagus Spaghetti-Picky Palate
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.