Is Asparagus Good For You?
Asparagus is loaded with nutrients.
Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that helps maintain a healthy blood pressure.
How Long Will Asparagus Keep?
Properly stored, asparagus will keep for 4 or more days in the refrigerator.
Stand the asparagus up in a glass or jar with about an inch or two of water, making sure all the ends are sitting in the water, and store in the refrigerator.
What Can You Substitute for Parmesan Cheese?
Grana Padano cheese is a good substitute for parmesan cheese.
It has a nutty and strong flavor like Parmesan cheese.
Lemon Asparagus Pasta
- 2 Hardboiled Eggs, chopped (How to Hardboil the Perfect Egg)
- 1/2 Bundle of Asparagus (tips for preparing asparagus)
- 6 Slices of Speck, thin cut, pan fried and drained
- 1 Lemon, zested in one bowl and juiced in another
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4-1/3 Cup Fresh Parmesan, Grated
- 1/2 Package of Pasta Heat the oven to 425.
- If you haven't already, snap the ends of the asparagus (see tips above) and place them on the pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to evenly coat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and chop into 1 1/2"-2" pieces.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat.
- Add a few pinches of salt and once it begins to boil add the pasta.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook until aldente.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with the warm pasta, asparagus and egg.
- Top with crumbled speck, parmesan, lemon zest and basil.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1465 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 373.8mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 103g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 5.6g Protein: 52.7g
Other Delicious Recipes You May Enjoy:
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Chicken, Asparagus and Spinach-Gimme Some Oven
Spring Greens Pasta-Foodie Crush
Bacon-Asparagus Spaghetti-Picky Palate