Remember these Reeses Krispies? Well, here’s the next and equally if not more delicious version, Milky Way Krispies!
What better way to use up the last little bit of milky way candy bars than to throw them in Nutella Rice Krispies? These little guys were gobbled up pretty quickly, and I was glad because I have zero self control. Ok, I may not be that bad, but I am definitely tempted by treats in the house.
I was babysitting two cute boys the other day and they really wanted to make a treat. I was racking my brain with what I could make that would use up the last of the candy bars and then I remembered the Reeses Krispies from last Halloween and I knew I could play with that. This version skips the chocolate chips and peanut butter and instead we go for Nutella. If you have yet to try Nutella, please stop reading, go buy some at the store, grab a spoon and dive in while you read the rest of this post. Nutella is that fantastic, you will need it right away.
One important thing to remember is that the chocolate mixture gets pretty darned hot, so please wait a minute or two before adding the cereal and especially before adding the candy bars.
Once you have added the candy bars, please be sure to stir gently and stop as soon as the cereal and candy are well incorporated. The more you stir the more you break down the candy and cereal.
Are Rice Krispies Gluten Free
You would think that rice krispies, made from rice would be gluten free.
But, Rice Krispies are made with malt syrup, derived from barley, which is a gluten-containing grain.
Most stores do carry a gluten free crispie rice cereal that can be substituted for common rice krispies.
Will Rice Krispies Hurt Birds?
It is a common myth that uncooked rice hits the bird’s tummy and then swells causing its stomach to explode.
The truth is, rice cooked or uncooked won’t hurt wild birds at all.
Rice Krispies will not hurt birds.
How Long Will Rice Krispies Keep?
Rice Krispies will keep for 2 days at room temperature.
They should be covered tightly or wrapped in plastic.
Rice Krispies can be frozen for longer storage.
Milky Way Krispies
Milky Way Krispies
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Karo Syrup
- 1 1/3 Cup Nutella
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 1/4 Cups Rice Krispies
- 11/2 Cups Milky Way Candy bars, chopped
- In a medium sized sauce pan, over medium heat, add the sugar and Karo Syrup.
- Cook the sugar and syrup, stirring occasionally until all of the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is clear.
- Stir in the Nutella and salt.
- Turn the stove down to medium low and stir for one minute or until well incorporated.
- Set aside to cool for about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl pour the cereal in and then pour the Nutella mixture on top.
- Gently fold the mixture together until all of the cereal is well incorporated.
- Add the candy bars and stir again.
- Using two spoons or an ice cream scoop, scoop the Milky Way Krispies onto a parchment lined baking sheet to cool.
Store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to 3 days.
Yield: 1 batch, Serving Size: 1
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 4581 Calories
- Total Fat: 135.9g
- Cholesterol: 8.4mg
- Carbohydrates: 818.4g
- Fiber: 22.7g
- Sugar: 670.3g
- Protein: 32.8g