There’s an amazing air about the holidays, but it’s also too busy. This year choose to cut out the crazy and make this quick and easy m&m chocolate pizza.
This right here is my childhood every Christmas season. We all would join Mom in the kitchen to help whip up goodies to pile onto a plate to deliver to the neighbors and save a little for us which we stored in tin containers in the storage room out in our garage.
In Utah we call it a cold storage, in Idaho my Grandma calls it a Fruit Room, but no matter what you call it it’s the place where the Christmas candies were stored.
Did you all do that too? arrange a whole bunch of cookies and candies on a plate to deliver to your neighbors? Now days it seems to have evolved into cute pinterest gifts like a bottle of pop and a cute tag or chapstick to be the reindeers nose on a card, but back in the day moms everywhere were slaving away to make 6 different recipes all to share with the neighborhood.
We made Mom’s original Chocolate Pizza (some call is rocky road pizza) her Peanut Butter Balls, and a bunch of other yummies. I vaguely remember making a candy cane cookie that no one was impressed with and never made a reappearance.
But the chocolate pizza was a favorite. It originally calls for coconut and maraschino cherries but we never add those. This year I decided to reinvent a family favorite and we added some peanut butter chips and M&M’s. Those M&M’s made it a billion times better! Chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, m&m’s, salty peanuts, squishy marshmallows and an addiction ready to start!
What goodies did you make in your childhood home?
M&M Chocolate Pizza
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
M&M Chocolate Pizza
- 1 Package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 pound White Almond Bark divided
- 1/2 Package Peanut Butter Chips
- 2 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 Cup M&M's
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- Place parchment paper on a pizza pan.
- Microwave chips, almond bark, setting aside 1 ounce white almond bark for later, and peanut butter chips on high 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- In a large bowl stir together marshmallows, cereal and peanuts.
- Add the melted chocolate and stir gently to coat.
- Fold in the M&M's, reserving a few to sprinkle on top along with peanuts and marshmallows.
- Microwave remaining almond bark and drizzle over top.
- Set until hardened in the fridge or in a cool place and cut into wedges like a pizza.
Mom’s original recipe passed down from her mother is a must as well as this new M&M version.
Peanut butter as smooth as silk is combined with a short list of ingredients to form a delicious truffle dipped in chocolate.
The absolute easiest recipe you’ll make all year, candy cane oreos.