We have had this monster cookies recipe for years now and I still love it.
Paula Deen has the same recipe so we know it must be delicious and fattening.
You don’t have to add the raisins if you don’t want to, but we love them!
Can Cookie Dough Be Frozen?
Cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months.
You can form dough into a ball and freeze the whole batch in a freezer container.
Or, you can form individual cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze for hours.
When frozen, transfer the cookies to a heavy duty freezer bag.
How Long Will Cookies Keep In the Freezer?
Cool cookies completely and freeze on a cookie sheet.
When frozen, transfer cookies to a heavy duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
What Can You Substitute For Brown Sugar?
You can use white sugar in equal amounts, but your cookies will be a little crisper.
Or, you can add 2 tablespoons molasses to every cup of substituted white sugar and you will not be able to tell the difference.
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
- 1 Cup butter unsalted, Softened
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Creamy, Name brand works best
- 1 1/4 Cups Brown Sugar Light
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cups Quick Oats
- 1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Cup M&Ms
- 1/4 Cup Raisins * optional
- Beat the butter in the bowl of a standing mixer until smooth and creamy. Add in the peanut butter and mix for 1-2 minutes. Add in the sugars and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Carefully pour in the vanilla and add the eggs, stirring until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Add to the mixer and beat together until combined. Remove the bowl and using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the chocolate candies, chocolate chips and raisins if desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes while you preheat the oven to 350.
- Place by a scant 1/4 cup balls on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 min or until lightly browned and fluffy. These should not be over baked even a little.