This is a quick and easy Penne Alfredo that will add 15 pounds to your waistline and happiness to your soul. 😉
I looooove how creamy and flavorful this alfredo turned out. None of that weird, bland white sauce going on here. The Knorr Homestyle stock adds loads of flavor and depth to the sauce while the Neufchatel adds a mellow creaminess. I love that you can turn a basic into so many things… as you will see throughout this week.
Is Neufchatel the Same As Cream Cheese?
American Cream Cheese and American Neufchâtel can be used interchangeably.
The biggest difference between the two is that Neufchâtel is made using milk exclusively.
Cream cheese is made with milk and cream.
Can Alfredo Sauce Be Frozen?
Alfredo sauce can be frozen in an air tight container or in a heavy duty freezer bag.
To prevent cream-based sauces from curdling, stir well when reheating frozen sauce.
Will Alfredo Sauce Thicken As It Cools?
Alfredo sauce thickens as it cooks.
Alfredo sauce will also thicken as it cools.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tub chicken stalk, Knorr Homestyle
- 2 oz Neufchâtel cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter and stock, add the cream cheese, melt all of it and quickly add flour, whisking to combine.
- Cook 30 sec. Whisk in liquid.
- Turn down to simmer until thickening and season with a cheese and salt and pepper