The BEST pumpkin pie cake ever! Mom’s recipes are truly everyone’s favorites and we couldn’t wait to share with you this one!
I love my mom. I bet you love your mom too, but I just truly adore mine. She’s so darn giving, slow to get angry, and quick to give love. She’s a fantastic listener and good mercy is she a hard worker. My mom keeps the best garden all summer long, freezes, cans and stores like all of it, which is pretty amazing considering her garden is bigger than most back yards. But outside of all of that I love my mom’s cooking. Well, not goulash, but the rest. Like this pumpkin pie cake recipe.
Mom grew up in a little farming town and so her meals are good, basic, home cookin’ meals and I love that. Her cheesy rice and ground beef casserole and taco stew are literally our top two recipes on the site and many of her others are up there as well. How awesome is that?
It only uses a few ingredients and it literally tastes like pumpkin pie but with a soft, delicate texture of a cake. So the pie haters can still have their pumpkin without the texture issue of the pie filling. Which I honestly don’t understand as I’ve really grown to adore pumpkin pie, but to each his own.
Is Pumpkin Good For You?
Eating pumpkin is good for the heart.
It is packed with fiber, potassium, and vitamin C.
Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A which is good for your eyes.
Does Pumpkin Pie Need to Be Refrigerated?
Because pumpkin pie is made with eggs and milk, it should be kept in the refrigerator after baking.
Pumpkin Pie will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Can Pumpkin Pie Cake Be Frozen?
Pumpkin pie cake will freeze very well.
Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Pumpkin Pie Cake
Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 and 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce can of Pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 can 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice * see note
- 1 package yellow or spice cake mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In the standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin and mix until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing between.
- Add the evaporated milk.
- In a separate bowl, add the salt, pumpkin pie spice, and yellow cake mix.
- Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream.
It’s not just that these granola bars are homemade that makes them wonderful, it’s also those little bits of white chocolate that melt in your mouth!