Red White and Blue Red Velvet Cookies Recipe – Cookies made with an instant pudding and filled with m&m’s are perfect for the 4th of July! Red white and blue red velvet cookies in less than 30 minutes!
Every 4th of July I think that I’m totally on top of things with big dreams of an all-American spread of food. I always see a table filled with beautiful flaky pies, juicy grilled corn with butter slowly melting down the sides, a fat bowl of potato salad and grilled meats that would knock Bobby Flay’s own socks right off.
Instead, we end up with a mediocre table of hot dogs and burgers because the fact of the matter is, we are a little family and a whole spread isn’t always doable unless we have a gazillion people over.
Red White and Blue Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
Which is why I wanted a cute and easy fourth of July recipe using m&m’s. These red white and blue red velvet cookies are a cinch to make, but you’re going to love that these are pudding cookies! They are so squishy and soft, but they are also a 5 minute cookie because you only have to use the red velvet instant pudding to make them!
The m&m’s get a little melty and wonderful and look oh, so festive. The secret to making theis Red Velvet Cookies Recipe look so good is actually just reserving some of the chocolate candies to press into the tops right before baking. That’s the same secret every blogger uses for any cookie recipe. I mean, how often do your chocolate chip cookies come out with perfectly melty, shiny chocolate chips on top?
Can’t wait for you to make this festive Red Velvet Cookies Recipe with your family! And if you’re looking for something a little more for the cheesecake lovers try these Patriotic Cheesecakes!
Red White and Blue Red Velvet Cookies
- 1 cup or 2 sticks of butter softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 3.4 ounce package of red velvet pudding instant
- 1 package Red white and blue m&ms
- Heat the oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugars. mix until completely smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the eggs and almond extract and mix again.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, pudding, salt, baking soda, and corn starch. Whisk to combine. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and scoop out into balls on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
This is not only a beautiful dessert, nor is it merely fit for the holidays but it’s also perfect for those hot summer bbqs with friends and family!