I don’t really know what to tell you about these bars other than it is chocolatey, peanut buttery deliciousness. Oh, and don’t forget that crumbly topping….The 4th of July isn’t all about the red, white, and blue berry desserts, it’s also about chocolate. We have quite a few favorites like, Biscoff Oreo Banana Bread, Peanut Butter Meltaways (peanut butter cookies stuffed with silky chocolate-oh yeah baby)and out favorite Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake.
Reese’s Crumble bars have been a huge hit around here. In fact, they’ve been such a big hit that I’ve already been asked by the husband to make them again and he generally isn’t a candy fan so it’s kind of a big deal that he liked them. I’ll be honest, I’m actually not a big candy fan anymore either, but I do really enjoy peanut butter and chocolate together.
This was a fun little recipe to do with my kids too. It was easy enough that I didn’t worry about anything going wrong, and it involved candy which made the girls super excited. Lately I’ve been looking for more ways to entertain and teach the kids at the same time and cooking is still one of my favorite ways to do that. If we are making something like this dish I try to talk about why we bake it a little before adding the filling, why we don’t eat treats like this very often etc. The kitchen is the perfect place to bond as a family and to talk about important things like math, science, and nutrition. Love it.
P.s. I’m sitting here with my almost 2 year old on my lap and she keeps saying, “I like-a dis one. I want it. i eated it. I LIKE IT!!!!” I guess she likes it. 😉
Are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Gluten Free?
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are free of gluten.
All varieties of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, except seasonal specialty varieties, are gluten-free.
Can You Use Salted Butter Instead of Unsalted Butter in Recipes?
If your recipe calls for unsalted butter, but you only have salted butter, you can use salted butter in place of unsalted.
You can leave out the added salt in the recipe to assure that it isn’t too salty.
How Long Will Homemade Cookies Stay Fresh?
Homemade cookies can be kept for 2-3 weeks.
To keep crisp cookies fresh, store in a loosely covered container.
Moist cookies should be stored in a container with a tight lid or in an airtight plastic bag.
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Melted and cooled
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Cup baking Chips Milk Chocolate
- 1 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter Cups candy Reese's, Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the rack in the middle position.
- Grease an 8x8" baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the butter, sugars, salt, flour, oats and baking soda.
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined and slightly moistened.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crumb mixture is beginning to get browned.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips and then the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture and place back in the oven for another 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing in order for the bars to hold together.