This may be one of the lightest and fasted meals you will make, Simple Turkey Tacos. It’s healthy too! Love that.
We are not big ground meat fans at my house. In fact, other than for things like lasagna, spaghetti etc my husband would rather just not buy it. So, if you ever see a recipe posted with ground meat you know we thought it was good and worth it since we hardly ever eat it. It may not seem like it’s very yummy based on how simple it is and how lame the picture is, but let me tell you, it is! It actually has great flavor and I love feeling satisfied, not stuffed after a meal. The lime in the corn is also so good. It brightens up the whole taco. Feel free to squirt a little extra on the whole dish at the end, it wont be too much, I promise!
Are Corn Tortillas Gluten-Free?
Corn tortillas are typically made with a special type of corn flour.
If corn tortillas have not been contaminated by processing with wheat products, corn tortillas are completely gluten free.
What Is Queso Fresco?
Queso Fresco is a creamy, soft, and mild unaged white cheese.
It is used in Latin American cuisine.
What Kind Of Cheese Could You Substitute For Queso Fresco?
Feta cheese is an excellent substitute for queso fresco because it has the same firm texture that can be crumbled over food.
Ricotta, dry curd cottage cheese, or queso blanco cheese can also be used.
Simple Turkey Tacos
Simple Turkey Tacos
- Corn Tortillas
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey Lean
- 1 Can Black Beans Low Sodium, drained
- 1 Can Sweet Corn drained
- 1 6 oz Tomatillo Salsa Fresh, found by mexican cheeses or produce section (you could make your own with fresh tomatillos, cilantro,
- onion and salt)
- 2 Roma Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt and pepper
- Queso Fresco
- Cook the turkey in a pan over medium heat until almost cooked through.
- Add container of tomatillo salsa and cook for 1-2 min.
- In a separate pan add corn and tomatoes with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add lime juice and cook for an additional minute.
- Toss corn, black beans,and tomatoes in with the meat and cook for 2 min.
- Warm up tortillas (if you have a gas stove we prefer to turn the flame on low and heat them up over the flame) and pile all of the toppings on!