Mom’s sticky buns, or monkey bread if that’s what you call it got a fall facelift! Pumpkin spice sticky buns for the win this holiday season!!
You guys which one is it? I say sticky buns which I like for many reasons, one being the most important and most immature, “sticky buns”. Haha, someone has sticky buns. Ok, but seriously I don’t know which to call it so I’m smashing it all and calling it both. Also, this recipe uses a pumpkin spice pudding mix and not only can you not tell it’s got any pumpkin at all (so take a deep breath pumpkin haters, you’ll love it too), but there’s something so delicious about it. One pudding change and I think I like it even better than Mom’s sticky buns.
I can’t believe I even said that! Mom’s are the best! We have them every year for Christmas and often for General Conference as well, but the subtle difference in this one is totally awesome. I didn’t feel like there was really a pumpkin flavor which is why it’s just sticky buns monkey bread. Yup, it’s ridiculous. I don’t even care.
And I know someone will ask, yes you can make your own rolls and make this recipe still. Oh!! And I had our girls make this one all by themselves other than the baking and can I just tell you how totally excited they were to see what their recipe looked all turned out of the pan. I seriously was dying listening to their squeals. Gosh, why can’t adults be more fun like that?
Is Pumpkin Good For You?
Eating pumpkin is good for the heart.
Pumpkin is packed with fiber, potassium, and vitamin C.
Can Sticky Buns Be Reheated?
To reheat sticky buns, simply cover them with foil and pop them in a 200°F oven for a few minutes until they are warm and toasty.
How Long Will Sticky Buns Keep?
Although sticky buns are best when eaten the same day they are baked, they will keep up to 3 days at room temperature.
You should wrap sticky buns well in plastic or foil and leave at room temperature.
Pumpkin Spice Sticky Buns
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Pumpkin Spice Sticky Buns
- 18-20 rhodes or other frozen rolls
- 1/2 package 3.4 ounce pumpkin spice instant pudding
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- spray your bundt pan and stagger the frozen rhodes rolls.
- sprinkle the rolls with 1/2 pkg of pumpkin spice pudding.
- melt the butter and brown sugar together in a small sauce pan over low heat until smooth, and pour over rolls and dry pudding.
- cover with saran wrap and let rise 4 hours or overnight in the fridge. If you refrigerate them please allow one hour of rise time on the cupboard in a warm place.
- bake at 350 for 20-25 min.
- be so careful to not over or under bake. i usually do 22 min and then check them.