Ok, the recipe I’ve posted for today is Waikiki meatballs. I saw a recipe on Allrecipes and decided to try my hand at it, and although in the picture I used the pineapple I’ve also used a can of mandarin oranges’ juice and just left out the fruit. Surprisingly enough I actually liked the mandarin version a little, tiny bit better, but both were super delicious.
The meatballs were super moist. Which I loved. I hate a dry, crumbly meatball but I’m not kiddin’ these were awesome!!
Can You Make Meatballs With Ground Turkey?
If you prefer not to eat red meat, you can use ground turkey or chicken.
Meatballs can be made from any ground meat.
Does Coconut Milk Taste Like Coconut?
Coconut milk is made by grinding the meat of mature coconuts with water, then squeezing the pulp to produce a rich, opaque “milk”.
Coconut milk has the smell and nutty flavor of coconut.
Is Pineapple Good for You?
Pineapples contain high amounts of vitamin C and dietary fiber.
They are high in nutrients that are good for your body.
- 1 1/2 Lbs Ground Beef
- 2/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Dry Minced Onion
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Can 15 oz Pineapple Chunks or mandarin oranges, drained with juice reserved
- 1/3 Cup White Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- Heat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, milk, ginger and salt.
- Only mix until just barely combined. I use my hands. Shape mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a baking pan and tent with foil.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, depending on meatball size.
- Just watch them and when all the pink is gone pull them out.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Mix until smooth, then pour into a skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the meatballs, green pepper, red pepper and pineapple chunks.
- Heat through.
Sunday- Honey Roasted Chicken
Monday- Won Ton Chicken Salad- (use leftover roasted chicken)
Tuesday- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Thursday- Pot Stickers
Friday- Upside Down Pizza (use leftover italian sausage from the Zuppa)
Saturday- Simple Turkey Tacos