White Balsamic Berry Salad recipe is one of our favorite sides when we are looking for something light, healthy and a great presentation.
There is nothing better than a delicious salad, especially during the summer. However, when I was younger, as most kids do I decided that I loved cheese, bacon, eggs, ranch and croutons on my salad. I love it loaded. Kind of like this loaded BBQ Ranch salad, or this Garlic Green Salad. But for one thing, the older I get the more I realize that a berry salad with spinach versus romaine is actually just as delicious and for another, it’s much better for me. When I got married my husband informed me that in Brazil they would eat their salads with olive oil and vinegar. It was lighter and he fell in love with the different oils you could use. Thankfully I was able to learn about an opportunity with Zing Anything to try out my best salad with their new Salad Zinger. I quickly said yes.
We are all about finding fresh and healthier ways to eat and I’m definitely happy to say that this is a fun and easy way to play with healthy eating. You just untwist the bottom, lift out the center piece and place all of your favorite flavors in the bottom, put the center piece back in and screw it all back together. Then fill the container with oils, vinegars etc and let the whole mixture infuse together.
For our recipe Cade and I decided to use a vinegar that doesn’t get enough attention at all, white balsamic vinegar. I know, you’re all into the regular balsamic vinegar, but trust me, the white is so light and lip smacking good. These flavors all blend into the perfect spring or summer salad and I would love your vote!
What is Balsamic Vinegar?
Balsamic vinegar, is a very dark, concentrated, and intensely flavoured vinegar made wholly or partially from grape must.
Grape must is freshly crushed grape juice with all the skins, seeds and stems.
Is Balsamic Vinegar Healthy?
It’s been suggested that balsamic vinegar can contribute to weight loss, low cholesterol, and even a glowing complexion.
People use it as a low-fat additive and part of a heart-healthy diet.
How Are Greek and Regular Yogurt Different?
Greek yogurt is yogurt that has been strained 3 times.
This process makes greek yogurt thicker and smoother than regular yogurt.
Because it is more concentrated, it has a stronger flavor and contains more protein.
White Balsamic Berry Salad
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
White Balsamic Berry Salad
White Basil Berry Salad
- 3 Strawberries
- 3 Leaves of Basil large leaves
- 1/8 Cup Lemon Chop the lemon, leaving on the rind and fit into measuring cup
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon of Honey
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Bunch Baby Spinach
- 1 Pint Blackberries
- 1 Cup Strawberries sliced
- 2 Kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1/3 Cup Almonds toasted
- 1 Tablespoon Basil Chopped
- Cut the strawberries in quarters, and place strawberries, basil, and lemon in the bottom of the Salad Zinger.
- Attach the bottom to the body and open the top of the Salad Zinger.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, yogurt, honey, and salt into the body and place the top back on.
- Give the bottle a few shakes to stir up the yogurt into the mixture and refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Toss the spinach, blackberries, strawberries, kiwi and almonds in a large salad bowl.
- Top with a light sprinkling of basil and the dressing.