White chocolate peanut butter banana cake may be a long name to say, but these delicate beauties are so easy to make that they are perfect for any class party or large get together. I’m always looking for a new recipe that I can take to a party, or group gathering that will be easy to prepare and serve a ton of people without extra work on my part.
Banana cake kind of went crazy for a little bit on Pinterest. Do you remember that? Everyone seemed obsessed with that light and moist little cake with a cream cheese frosting. And then as quick as it came other recipes started getting all the hype and slowly banana cake faded off into the background. It is quite sad because sometimes I think that those old, classic, family recipes are the real favorites and we get all sucked into the newest poke cake or stuffed cookie that we forget that we could be playing with some of our old time favorite crowd pleasers
Well, this blog is all about “reinventing family dinner” so why not reinvent our favorite banana cake? This is still the same, moist, tender crumbed cake but it has a little hint of a white chocolate peanut butter in it. It’s so subtle you’d almost miss it, but your guests will definitely be wondering what you did to make your cake extra special.
Are Bananas Good For You?
Bananas are high in potassium and contain good levels of protein and dietary fiber.
Potassium is known to help muscles contract and nerve cells to respond.
It keeps the heart beating regularly and can reduce the effect of sodium on blood pressure.
How Do You Keep Bananas From Ripening Too Fast?
You can keep bananas in the refrigerator to slow down the speed of ripening.
The skin will turn black, but the fruit will still be perfectly good.
You can also wrap the stems in plastic wrap to slow the ripening process.
Can Banana Cake Be Frozen?
Banana cake can be frozen.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil and freeze up to 3 months.
White Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 11/2 cups white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup melted white chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease (with cooking spray) a 12x18 inch cookie sheet.
- In a standing mixer, mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, and whole milk.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add a little of the dry mixture with the beater running, then add a little of the banana, alternating back and forth until everything is added.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook for 30 to 35 minutes and allow to cool partway before frosting.
for the frosting
- Whip the cream cheese and butter until smooth, add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 815 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 147.5g Fiber: 1.4g Sugar: 127.7g Protein: 6.7g