This zucchini hot dog relish is absolutely delicious! I think I finally found something to do with all that extra zucchini! This is even good with those extra big, somewhat bitter zucchini that we can’t seem to find many uses for. We love that all of the main ingredients for this zucchini hot dog relish can be grown in your garden. It’s so nice that we can make something so delicious and wonderful without having to go to the store. Although you do have to can this recipe, or cut it down so it doesn’t go bad before you can eat it all, it is so easy to make! However, because there is so much chopping involved, a food processor really helps to cut down on the prep time but even if you don’t have one it’s still a breeze to make! You’re going to love it!
Is Zucchini Good For You?
Zucchini contains good amounts of vitamins B6, riboflavin, folate, C, and K, and minerals.
Zucchini also contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients.
Can You Substitute Prepared Mustard For Dry Mustard?
Prepared mustard is the best substitute for dry mustard.
Replace each teaspoon of ground mustard called for with one tablespoon of prepared mustard.
Does Hot Dog Relish Need to Be Refrigerated?
Relish does not have to be refrigerated.
But, it will stay fresh longer if refrigerated.
Zucchini Hot Dog Relish
- 10 cups ground (or grated) zucchini
- 4 Tablespoons salt
- dash garlic salt
- 4 Cups ground onion
- 1 chopped red bell pepper (I had yellow so that's what I used.)
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 5 Cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoon celery seed
- Soak zucchini and salts overnight.
- Drain & rinse well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 30 min.
- While the relish is simmering, place about 5-10 lids (5 pints or 10 jam jars) in a pot with just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a simmer at the end of the 30 min.
- Pour the hot relish into hot jars & screw lids on.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 4531 Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 1118g Fiber: 30.1g Sugar: 1064.7g Protein: 26.2g