Would you like a glimpse into my thoughts today? Well, here it is, “Are you kidding me??? IT’S APRIL, STOP SNOWING!” I seriously am so tired of the snow. I am a huge fan of seasons. I don’t like it to be one thing all of the time. The snow lingering this long is getting pretty old. So I decided to make an Enchilada Soup!
This is delicious enchilada soup will warm you up from the inside out. I love that you get a little of everything with the tomatoes, corn, black beans and the heartiness of the meat. On this occasion we used ground beef, but we usually like to use ground turkey and I think both are wonderful. Thank you, Nalani. Your recipes are always so delicious!
What’s everyone’s weather like and what are your warm up recipes?
- 1 15 ounce Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1½ Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Large Can (28 oz) Enchilada Sauce
- 1 15 ounce Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce Can Corn, drained
- 1 Cup Sliced Zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 4 Oz Green Chiles
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt, Pepper
- In a heavy bottomed pot, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned.
- Place the meat and all other ingredients in a crock pot and let simmer until heated through. The longer you let it cook the better flavor it will have.
- Serve with chips, cheese, sour cream, or whatever you want!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.