Summers are all about pasta salad recipes and this Italian Salami Tortellini Salad is fresh, flavorful, perfect for hot summer days and done in just 5 minutes!
We are planning to make smoked brisket next weekend and this salad is going to be the perfect side dish!
The truth is that I actually make this is as our main dish quite often during the summer. It’s so fast and fresh and doesn’t heat up the house. It is a winner! Plus, if you have a garden and can add garden tomatoes and basil, you’ll be loving life! Yum!
What Ingredients Do You Need for Tortellini Pasta Salad?
Are you ready for this? You need 5 minutes and just 6 ingredients to make this salad:
- Mozzarella (marinated)
- Grape Tomatoes
- Basil (fresh)
How to Make Tortellini Pasta Salad
Don’t blink because you might miss this…
- Place tortellini in a pot of heavily salted water (and I mean heavily salted) and set to medium high heat.
- When the tortellini floats to the top of the water, it is done. Strain it and place it in a bowl to cool.
- Once it is cool, add all the other ingredients. Be sure to include the oil and herbs from the mozzarella. Toss and serve.
Doesn’t get any easier than that!
What Can I Substitute for the Salami?
One of the things I love about pasta salads is that you can totally customize it to your liking. If you don’t like salami, try pepperoni or diced ham. You could even go meatless if you want.
The same can be said for any part of this salad. Try a different fresh herb or add more veggies. Make it how you like it! I wish everything in life could be so agreeable!
Can You Eat Cold Tortellini?
Tortellini can be eaten cold, hot, in a sauce, or plain. I like my tortellini any and all ways!
How Long Will Cooked Tortellini Keep?
Cooked Tortellini will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Tortellini?
Yes, tortellini can be frozen in an airtight container or in a freezer bag.
It will keep for 1-2 months.
What to Eat with Tortellini Salad
Even though pasta salads can be made all year round, they are typically made during the summer as a side dish for all our BBQing, grilling and smoking! Here are a few of our favorite summer meals:
- Smoked Chicken Breasts
- Tri Tip
- Huli Huli Chicken
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Grilled Honey Lemon Basil Chicken
Pasta salad recipes all summer long! I love them as a side dish, a main dish, and especially for lunch the next day! And I don’t know about you, but anything with tortellini in it is always a two thumbs up from me! Make this 5 Minute Italian Salami Tortellini Salad!
More Pasta Salad Recipes to Make All Summer Long:
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Ham Lemon Orzo
- Teriyaki Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pea Pasta Salad
- Cuban Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Elote Pasta Salad (w/ Chicken)
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- All our Pasta Salad Recipes here!
5 Minute Italian Salami Tortellini Salad
- 9 oz Tortellini
- 1 Package mozzarella marinated
- 1 Cup salami, Italian, chopped
- 1 Cup grape tomatoes, Halved
- Basil Leaves to taste fresh
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the tortellini by heating a pot of water over medium high heat, salting the water until it tastes like salt water.
- Once the tortellini is soft and floats to the top of the water, strain and place in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients including the oil with herbs from the cheese. Toss to coat and serve.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.