Teriyaki Chicken loaded with veggies, mandarin oranges, pasta and of course a sesame dressing makes up the yummiest teriyaki chicken pasta salad ever!
There’s something pretty fantastic about pasta salad. I have no clue why, maybe the love of carbs, or maybe it’s just the simplicity of flavors and ingredients, but pasta salad is a must for a good summer. The only question is, what to serve with pasta salad?
I feel like pasta salad and potato salad are two of the trickiest sides as they don’t just go with anything. I mean, take one pan creamy lemon garlic chicken for example. Totally a delicious dish but doesn’t really go with homestyle potato salad very well, ya know? I like to stick to the rule that anything that can be eaten at a southern restaurant or anything that is served well on its own, think hot dogs, grilled chicken, pulled pork, etc is a great main dish to go with pasta salad. Pasta salad has a lot of add-ins which kind of dominate the flavor on your plate, so you have to be willing to play the balance game.
HOWEVER! I don’t always want to deal with all of that so instead I like to make a pasta salad with everything in it and it’s a one bowl dinner idea. I had seen Creme De La Crumb’s Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad with Teriyaki Dressing and decided to make my own version.
Teriyaki chicken pasta salad has two options; make homemade easy teriyaki chicken with chicken breasts or chicken thighs, or you can always take a shortcut and buy the frozen teriyaki chicken breasts in any local grocery store. Obviously I prefer homemade. 😉
How Far Ahead Can You Make Pasta Salad?
Pasta salad can in fact be made a day ahead, just not assembled that early as the pasta will break down and soften, the dressing will get absorbed and ingredients will become soggy. It’s best to keep the cooked pasta in a plastic sealed bag and the veggies already chopped in another. We leave the dressing in a mason jar, and it’s so good on regular salad as well.
Once you’re ready to eat go ahead and toss it all together. The sticky teriyaki chicken adds a little oomph to the pasta dish but it’s really all about those vegetables lightly dressed in the sesame dressing. Man it’s a good dish! I’m getting ready to shake things up and try my friend Jaclyn’s recipe for Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Chopped Salad as well. Can’t wait to share!
Looking for more delicious PASTA RECIPES?
- Ham Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Lemon Orzo with Parmesan and Peas
- Zupas Copycat Tomato Basil Orzo Soup
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad
- Cuban Pasta Salad
- Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- 10 Minute Ranch Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Spring Ham and Asparagus Lemon Cream Pasta
- Turkey Tetrazzini with Crunchy Honey Dijon Topping
- 15 Minute Pesto Pasta
- All our Pasta Recipes here!
More TERIYAKI Recipes:
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Teriyaki Beef Casserole
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- Teriyaki Pina Colada Burger
- Teriyaki Veggie Bowl
- Easy Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Teriyaki Beef Wrap
- Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla
- Pina Colada Teriyaki Chicken Strips
- Chicken Noodles
- All our family friendly ASIAN INSPIRED RECIPES here!
Teriyaki Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 cups spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 4-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 Large Breast of Teriyaki Chicken *see note
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Snow Peas
- 1 Cup Chopped Broccoli
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a jar combine all dressing ingredients.
- Cover with a lid and shake to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Chop the chicken and all veggies and toss with the pasta and dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 435 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 1021mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 20g Protein: 14g
It’s all about the teriyaki chicken in my life! I love that sweet and sticky sauce with a perfectly grilled piece of chicken!