I need more artichoke recipes on the blog! Artichokes are so good and underrated in my humble opinion. This creamy artichoke chicken pasta is exactly the way I love to use that funky awesome vegetable!
I wonder what it is about pasta that just makes us feel so comforted to eat it. I don’t have any Italian in me, but I wish I did. That culture seems just awesome to me. They eat well and love their family and friends. What more could you want?
Maybe I’ll just go ahead and pretend that I’m Italian. It would certainly look obvious that I’m not, but that’s ok with me! Are any of you Italian and does your family have any awesome creamy pasta recipes?
And can we just take a moment to talk about sun dried tomatoes? They are so good, so tangy, and one of my favorite things to add to a creamy pasta. Have you tried our creamy sun dried tomato pasta? It only takes 20 minutes to make and is heavenly!
Ok, back to the artichokes! You’ll have dinner on the table in 30 minutes and a creamy pasta recipe is the perfect way to gather everyone around the table!
What Ingredients are Needed for Artichoke Pasta?
We start by cooking and flavoring the chicken and then comes that creamy sauce that you’re going to love! Add in the veggies and seasonings and you’re set! Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Cooking Dry White Wine
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Oregano (dried)
- Basil (dried)
- Angel Hair Pasta
The measurements for each ingredient can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Make Creamy Chicken Artichoke Pasta
This is a simple pasta recipe with everything made from scratch. Here are the basic steps:
- Saute the onion and then the garlic in butter and olive oil.
- Then cook the chicken.
- Add the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to create the sauce.
- Cover and simmer.
- Cook the pasta while the sauce simmers.
All the detailed instructions can be found in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Is Artichoke Vegetable?
Artichokes are actually flowers, but they are also classified as vegetables.
Is Artichoke Healthy?
Artichokes are low in fat and rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Artichokes are high in folate and vitamins C and K, and have high amounts of important minerals.
Like I said, I need more artichoke recipes!!
Can I Use Fresh Herbs?
You can definitely use fresh herbs for this recipe! The general rule is that for every 1 teaspoon of dried herbs, you need1 tablespoon of fresh herbs. Dried herbs are much more potent with a concentrated flavor, so you need less of them. For this recipe, you would want 1 tablespoon of both basil and oregano.
What to Eat with Artichoke Recipes
More carbs!! My dream come true! I love a good bread with a creamy pasta, so our no knead artisan bread is perfect. A big green salad is also a great side to lighten up the meal or a tangy cucumber salad.
Variations on Artichoke Chicken Pasta
This recipe is super versatile so you can feel free to add or swap whatever add ins you want. Here are some suggestions:
I would always keep that artichoke in there because it is so dang good. I just love the flavor and texture that it adds!
If a creamy comfort pasta is what you are after, add this creamy chicken artichoke pasta to your menu. It guarantee it will become one of your favorite artichoke recipes!
More Creamy Pasta Dishes:
- Creamy Cajun Pasta with Sausage
- One Pot Lasagna Pasta
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Pasta
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- Skinny Creamy Pesto Tortellini with Sausage
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Creamy Chicken Artichoke Pasta
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic minced
- 2 Chicken Breasts skinless, boneless, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 15 oz Artichokes drained and coarsley chopped
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Cooking Dry White Wine or less according to taste
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes Julienne-cut
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 12 oz Angel Hair Pasta cooked
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil.
- Add the onion; saute for at least 2-3 min or until softened.
- Add garlic and chicken. Saute until chicken in cooked through.
- Stir in the flour until incorporated.
- Add artichokes, chicken broth, (heavy cream if you want), wine, sun dried tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 10 min stirring often.
- Serve over cooked angel hair.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.