Yum. Oh, yum. This artichoke pasta is slightly different than the original, but it’s good both ways. I think we have decided we prefer it with the heavy cream. We are working on making up a different recipe that calls for heavy cream so a lot of our dishes have cream lately. But seriously, this was delicious. I wonder what it is about pasta that just makes us feel so comforted to eat it? I don’t have any Italian in me. I wish I did. That culture seems just awesome to me. They eat well and love their family and friends. What more could you want?
Maybe I’ll just go ahead and pretend that I’m Italian. It would certainly look obvious that I’m not, but that’s ok with me! Are any of you Italian and does your family have any awesome creamy pasta recipes?
Is Artichoke Vegetable?
Artichokes are actually flowers, but they are also classified as vegetables.
Is Artichoke Healthy?
Artichokes are low in fat and rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Artichokes are high in folate and vitamins C and K, and have high amounts of important minerals.
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic minced
- 2 Chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 15 oz. Artichokes drained and coarsley chopped
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Cooking Dry White Wine or less according to taste
- 1/2 Cup Sun dried tomatoes Julienne-cut
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil.
- Add the onion; saute for at least 2-3 min or until softened.
- Add garlic and chicken. Saute until chicken in cooked through.
- Stir in the flour until incorporated.
- Add artichokes, chicken broth (heavy cream if you want) wine, sun dried tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 10 min stirring often.
- Serve over angel hair.