Our family goes crazy for banana cream pie so a banana cream icebox cake was a must! It’s just as delicious but even easier to make!
What is an Icebox Cake?
The classic ice box cake is a simple yet delicious combination of cookies and whipped cream.
Have you ever watched something that totally made you cry your eyes out and no matter how hard you tried to hold it in it just blubbered right out of you? I mean like a really ugly cry. Your eyes are now huge pools of burning tears and you can feel the puffiness growing larger with each stream that runs down your face. A Walk to Remember did that to me.
At first you try to pinch your lips, blink repeatedly, breath deep and even think of other things in an attempt to stop the ugly. Sometimes it just pours anyway. Other times you give a little shaky breath, totally out of your control. It’s happening, you’ve lost it.
Well I’m here to tell you that you get to experience that all over again. Miracles From Heaven touched my heart in a way I did not expect. Yes, these movies often come with not so perfect acting, but you can look past that can’t you? This one reminded me how blessed we are to have working bodies and even more so that our children are healthy. You see, our sweet friend had to say goodbye to her little boy who spent his entire 3 1/2 years of life fighting to survive. I urge you to read their story and then make a plan. A plan for how you will let your life be changed for the better because of it.
And while you get in a good cry, I encourage, no beg you to feed your feelings with this banana cream icebox cake. It’s crazy easy, serves well for a crowd and most important of all, it tastes like a little slice of Heaven. I’m sure Christian would totally vote yes for dessert while we remember him. It’s just graham crackers, bananas and a cream cheese, pudding, sweetened condensed milk and of course whipped cream mixture that is like the most luscious dessert ever.
Can You Freeze Ice Box Cakes?
Cover this with aluminum foil and freeze for 2 to 4 hours.
OR you can choose to keep this in the refrigerator, but allow at least 4 hours for the graham crackers to soften.
Prior to serving, remove the icebox cake from the freezer and allow it to thaw for 20 minutes.
There was a point right before Christian passed where his siblings weren’t getting along and though he couldn’t talk, his little 3 year old self used his hands and face to encourage them to not fight but to be happy. I’m telling you, that little boy was incredibly special and I believe he was sent here to do a specific work and then return to his heavenly home where he would continue to live on and wait for his family to one day live together forever. I’m eternally gratefully for the knowledge that families, not just individuals live on and that we can be together forever. If you would like to know more about what we believe please feel free to email us. And no matter what, let’s remember that children are fighting hard battles right now and their sweet families are trudging through the mud, pleading for their lives as well. We love you Christian.
Are Bananas Good for You?
The potassium and magnesium in bananas may help protect you from muscle cramps at night and during workouts.
Bananas are rich in pectin, a soluble dietary fiber and natural detoxifying agent, great for digestion.
Banana fiber contains prebiotics that encourages the growth of healthy bacteria in the bowel.
Banana Cream Icebox Cake
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Banana Cream Icebox Cake
- 2 Packages Graham Crackers
- 3-4 Large Bananas sliced
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 3.4 Oz Box French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese Softened
- ½ of a 14 oz can Can of Sweetened Condensed milk
- 2 1/2 Cups Freshly Whipped Cream *see note
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding and milk and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth, and then add the sweetened condensed milk and beat again until smooth.
- Add the pudding into the cream cheese mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Add ⅓ of the whipped cream to the bowl, and gently fold it into everything.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and fold until completely combined.
- Adding a little at a time is keeping it lighter vs just whipping it all together.
- Lay a couple of graham crackers in an even layer at the bottom of a 9x13" dish.
- Cover with banana slices and a couple scoops of filling.
- Repeat layers until all of the filling is used, ending with filling on top.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving, up to 1 day.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This is one of the easiest desserts ever but no one can stop at just one serving!