A creamy peanut butter banana cream pie takes an all-time favorite pie and combines it with one of the most delicious foods on earth to make a phenomenal no bake dessert.
I’ve said before that peanut butter and chocolate are one of my favorite duos of all time, but I also have a deep love for peanut butter and banana together. I might be 5 years old, but give me a banana and jar of pb and I’m a happy girl!
What Ingredients Do You Need for Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie?
This cream pie is so easy! All you need is ingredients for the filling, a store bought graham cracker crust (though you could definitely make your own!), and then have some whipped cream for the top. Head down to the recipe card for all the details.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Peanut Butter
- French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Neufchatel Cheese
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Cool Whip or Whipped Cream
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie
Here are the basic steps for making this quick and easy pie. Head down to the recipe card for all the details.
- Grab two bowls and combine the pudding and milk in one of them and set it aside.
- In the other bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter together.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat together.
- Combine the pudding and cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Fold in some of the Cool Whip
- Then slowly add the rest of the Cool Whip a little at a time folding gently as you go.
- Place a layer of sliced bananas all over the bottom of the pie crust and then top with the filling.
- Top with dollops of whipped cream and serve.
Does A Banana Cream Pie Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes, bacteria can grow if a banana cream pie is left out for more than 2 hours.
Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Banana Cream Pie?
You can freeze banana cream pie without the whipped cream on top. Put it in the freezer just until it is set and then wrap it thoroughly in plastic wrap. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Whipped cream should be added after it is thawed and just before serving it.
How Long Will Graham Cracker Crust Keep?
A graham cracker crust can be frozen for up to 3 months.
So you know I’m all about making a recipe my own, so here are some possible variations to make it your own:
- Use chocolate graham crackers to make a crust
- Use banana cream pudding rather than vanilla
- Do a few layers of banana slices layered between pudding
- Create a peanut butter drizzle to put on top
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top
- Top with crumbled up Nutter Butters
I think I could go on and on and on! So many delicious options!
Everyone loves banana cream pie, but throw in some peanut butter, and WHAT?! Peanut butter banana cream pie is where it’s at, not to mention how dang easy it is!
Watch Our Video on How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie
More EASY PIE RECIPES:
- Homemade French Silk Pie
- Dulce de Leche Banana Cream Pie
- Marionberry Pie
- Lemon Jello Peach Pie
- Peach Blackberry Gallette
- The Perfect Razzleberry Pie
- Easy No-Bake Chocolate Pie
- Simple Blueberry Pie
- Strawberry Icebox Pie
- No-Bake Lemon Cream Pie
- ALL OF OUR PIE RECIPES!
Our new book is now available!
This unique cookbook guides the way through every step, including meal lists and easy-to-follow recipes, and features dollops of heartwarming family stories.
Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie
- 1 Box Instant Pudding French Vanilla, 3.4 oz
- 1 Cup Milk
- 4 oz Neufchatel Cheese softened
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Can Milk 14 oz can, Sweetened Condensed
- 1/2 Container Cool Whip 6 oz container, defrosted or 1 1/2 cups fresh whipped cream with a little powdered sugar beaten until soft peaks form.
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- In a large bowl, combine the pudding and milk and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth, and then add the sweetened condensed milk and beat again until smooth.
- Add the pudding into the cream cheese mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Add 1/3 of the cool whip to the bowl, and gently fold it into everything.
- Add the remaining cool whip and fold until completely combined. Adding a little at a time is keeping it lighter vs just whipping it all together.
- Layer the sliced bananas on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Add the filling on top and chill for at least a few minutes before serving
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO our FREE Oh Sweet Basil NEWSLETTER AND RECEIVE EASY RECIPES DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY DAY!
When you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #ohsweetbasil on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in our stories! FOLLOW OH, SWEET BASIL ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF OUR LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND STORIES.